“Diamond in the rough.”

Koon Manee Thai & Sushi Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 219 Restaurants in Jupiter
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: This place opened 3 weeks ago and was recommended by friends who have eaten and raved about it. It is in Shoppes Of Jonathon's Landing
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This charming little family owned and operated restaurant is small and comfortable in stature, with handsome decorating and great seating flexability. The menu is extensive and everything we have tried has been delicious. They are very willing to work with you to get your selection exactly the way you want is, in both heat levels and ingredients. I love the fresh summer rolls and the panang curry is amazing. But everything we have tried has been good. There is also a little sushi station and bar in the restaurant. The location is easy, the price point is a great value and the owners are delightful! Mama is the food master and we asked her to come out for a bow.We enjoyed her so much we took pictures. She was all smiles for not speaking eaglish. Her family is out in front and want it to be perfect for you.They also do take out. We eat there every chance we have.

1  Thank Meema21

Reviewed September 6, 2013

As a big thai food fan, I have found the food excellent the several times i have been for lunch and dinner. The vegetables are particularly fresh and crisp, and the curry flavors are great. Seems to be run by very nice folks as well.

1  Thank loxahatchee33
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I finally went to Koon Manee, a restaurant we have wanted to try for a while now. We were greeted by a very pleasant man and were seated at a booth in a nice, small area. I think that had the restaurant been busier we would not have been as comfortable.
We are not into Japanese food or sushi but observed other diners selections which were beautifully presented and seem to be enjoyed by those diners who ordered them.
As for us, we focused on the Thai offerings. We did try the calamari appetizer which I enjoyed very much but my husband said it was just “ok.” The peanut dressing for the salad was the best we have ever had. For our main entrees my husband ordered the duck and I, the Pad Thai.
The food was very fresh and well-presented but my husband said the duck was on the “salty” side and I felt the Pad Thai was dry.
There is a fine line between “attentive” service and feeling “rushed.” When one still have utensils in their hand, even though ones plate appears to the server to be finished, it would be good policy to wait until the patrons put their utensils down and discontinue eating for a moment or two before asking if they are “finished.”
I would rate this restaurant a C+ based upon the duck and Thai selections only.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We love this place! The Panang Curry is the best that I have ever had and I tell everyone! Cute atmosphere, good service, and a wonderful assortment on the menu. Never disappointed.

1  Thank jenpig25
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We visited Koon Manee based on the many TripAdvisor "excellent"-ratings, and regretted making this decision. Our main issue was due to the unprofessional service, and the food not being exactly what we ordered.

We decided to go for the Bangkok Duck, which as a Chef's Special comes with either a Miso soup or salad. Upon ordering we asked if we could have the Miso soup replaced by the Crab soup, and suggested to pay the price between both soups. NOT possible, we were to take the Miso or salad and order the Crab soup as an appetizer, there was no way around it.

Within a minute our salads were served, and before we could take the first bite a second waitress came with the "so called" Crab soup. Because of this I told the waitress that we didn't want all of our meal served at once... she smiled and answered "I'll be right back with your spoons". The spoons immediately came together with our main courses; NO apology, no nothing!

We decided to take the risk of ending up with a cold entree and started with our soups, only to find out that the advertised soup was made with a poor surimi substitute instead of the a single piece of crabmeat as mentioned on the menu. They may consider renaming this as RIP-OFF soup.

In all honesty, my partner also had a nicely prepared Summer Roll and the Bangkok Duck was very good but by the time we ate it they had already ruined our appetite. We will NEVER return, nor recommend this restaurant... which turned out to be more FASTfood than McDo.
Considering it was only 7PM and the place was completely empty we don't understand why were rushed out.

4  Thank LeoRaeves