“Wow!”

Dining options: Reservations
Barrington, Illinois
“Wow!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We were recommended to Coolinary Cafe' by a friend and went on a Monday night. The place was very busy, but we only waited about 5 minutes to sit at the counter. We loved it! We loved chatting with the cooks as they did their thing. I had the Bouillabaisse, and it was just divine! My husband had the fried chicken. Great service, great wine, very fun casual atmosphere and FABulous food! I'd highly recommend this great little spot! We will most certainly be back!

• Visited February 2014
tim l, Owner at Coolinary Cafe, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
So glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. As a cook myself I can say we love chatting you guys up as well, part of what makes our job so fun. Thank you and look forward to seeing you again.

Jensen Beach, Florida
“Coolinary Cafe with friends”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was my first time there. The server was not very good but the food was excellent. The corkage fee is a bit high.

Visited January 2014
Jupiter, Florida
“Not worth it”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Food was average. There was hair in my pizza. No apology AND I still got charged for it. There are much better options like Leftovers on Military Trail. Will not be going back.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sandy V
tim l, Owner at Coolinary Cafe, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
I am so sorry to hear of your experience with us. It is truly embarrassing for me to know that you were not taken care of in an appropriate way. We aim to handle every situation on a personal level and am sorry that somehow yours fell through the cracks. Something like this happens so very seldom and we feel terrible. Please know that we also have an extensive sanitation policy in place and do what ever we can to eliminate instances like yours. We thank you again for trying our restaurant and hope that you give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me. I would love to speak with you.

Tim Lipman
North Palm Beach, Florida
“Angry chef”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

After being referred to have dinner by our friends, my husband and I had a early dinner there 1/22/14. I was outraged and dumb founded to watch a chef at the bar top grab another chef by the neck in angry exchange, that apparently the two were having. I watched in disbelief that none of the staff assisted the young man that was grap by the neck. As a mom myself, I wanted to go to his rescue, although my husband ask me to stay seated. To my amazement I heard, what I believe was a manager or a owner say take it outside. As a business owner, I was appalled to see management so absent. We will never eat at this restaurant again and we are definitely surprised about the review in the newspaper that our friends raved about. While the food was tasty, no one wants to see a bar brawl while having dinner, I guess unless you're eating at the OK corall!!!!!!!!

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank Barbara D
tim l, Owner at Coolinary Cafe, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
I am deeply saddened by the event that took place between my too employees. This type of behavior from any of my employees is inexcusable and not tolerated and the situation was dealt with immediately. The gentlemen that you overheard was neither a manager or owner and was trying to diffuse the situation as best as he knew how. Please understand that this industry is very demanding and at times emotions can run high, occasionally resulting in unfortunate reactions. The people working with us are our family, they love what they do and have great relationships with their fellow employees. This does not excuse anything. You stated that you are a mother and a business owner and I can only hope that your employees or children never misrepresent you or your business in any way, the way my employees did us, and that you are not judged so publicly and harshly. I have already had other customers come in and ask me about your review, which makes an isolated embarrassing moment even more stressful and damaging. This is a small business run by myself and husband and both of your reviews (Yelp and Tripadvisor) greatly affect us. I again apologize for the situation and was glad to hear that you enjoyed our food. I can only hope that you will give us another chance and we can move past this horrible incident.
Tim and Jenny Lipman
Jupiter, Florida
“Great restaurant in Jupiter”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I hope he opens more restaurants. This place is awesome. Very small and they do not take reservations. During season it can be very busy, but there are a few other restaurant/bars in the plaza to wait and have a drink at. Definitely worth a visit and definitely can hold its own with snobby out of towners. Great lunch place too.
Theory here is that every menu item is local ingredients (grown or caught). Chef, Tim, uses non-everyday ingredients to make fun menu items that you won't see anywhere else. Good stuff. He puts a little character in the menu and the food (like Pabst Blue Ribbon beer served in a brown baggy). Chicken and Waffles, Rabbit Tacos, Burger with egg, are all very good items you can't miss.

• Visited December 2013