“Overpriced and common”

Dive Bar Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 216 Restaurants in Jupiter
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to a one-of-a-kind waterfront dining experience. Where you can submerse yourself in everything that's South Florida... a raw bar (or steamed if you prefer), sushi and sashimi, delicious and affordable lunch and dinner entrees, an open-air bar area surrounding a giant saltwater aquarium, wide screens showing underwater videos, a large, al-fresco patio dining area overlooking the water and designated docks where you can join us by boat. From our exquisite location at the Jupiter Yacht Club Marina along the Jupiter Riverwalk to our mouthwatering selection of Asian-American cuisine, the Dive Bar Restaurant is anything but your typical "dive bar." We invite you to dive in!
Sarasota, Florida
“Overpriced and common”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Enjoyed lunch on a beautiful day. Service was slow and food was average. I asked the server for the best item on the menu and a grouper sandwich was offered, it was deepfried on a not so fresh roll with french fries that were sitting around before it hit my plate. Great location. Maybe it is great for happy hour or late-night cocktails.

“Has slowly declined”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I spend a lot of time at the marina due to my boat being there

Its a shame to say that the dive bar has declined considerably in service and food quality - I'm not the only owner thinking that.

A while back the food went from decent to terrible, I want to say it was around August time, 3 times we went and 3 times we had to return food.

On asking what had changed we were finally told by one of the service staff that the head chef was not there due to a family issue and that the other chef wasn't up to standard. Apparently returns had been happening on a regular basis......

If I was the manager I would have made sure people were aware of this before they ordered - its common courtesy to me to have the wait staff say ' Before you order please note that our executive chef is away due to a family emergency, our other chef is good but you may find the standard slightly lower' it immediately tells your clients that your aware that he may not be as good (he was a long way off it) and that you care about the client and then the choice of ordering is firmly in their hand and there's less chance of a complaint.

Instead you stayed greedy, your manager let food leave the kitchen that was way below standard and as a result I firmly believe this trend has festered and continued. For your manager to question a complaint from the table over unbreaded (supposed to be breaded), poorly cooked calamari was quite unbelievable - we had a plate of tough chewy tentacles......

I drink there (less and less) but pass on the food (unless I'm ordering Sushi which has always been good)

Its a shame as its going to be the locals that make or break the restaurant.

Knowing we can go over the road and eat at The Food Shack where its fantastic (amazing Fish there) one would think you would work harder at your standards. Instead it comes across your relying on people coming to look at the boats. Your manager needs to be more pro-active, instead of sitting around with his mates drinking.

Hope it gets turned around

1 Thank Randomguy81
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Outside Dining”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

The best place in Jupiter for outside dining! The food is excellent, yet a bit pricey. Great local beers on tap. Very accommodating for large parties.

“Nice Ambiance”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Went with a couple of friends for a couple of drinks. A little spendy, but I loved the atmosphere. We ordered a tiger roll just to try the sushi - costly, but delicious. Good date place :)

Jupiter, Florida
“Hidden Away At A Beautiful Marina”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Although it has been open for more than a year, this gem is one of Jupiter's best kept secrets. Great drinks, inside & out seating, great marina view. Food is a bit pricy, but a nice hideaway.