“Awful catering service!”

Guacamole Taqueria
Ranked #53 of 216 Restaurants in Jupiter
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Located in the Sierra Square Plaza on the south side of the road west of the Turnpike.
Jupiter, Florida
“Awful catering service!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We scheduled an appointment with Jimmy to discuss a large catering order. On the day we were supposed to meet, I called and left them a message (no one answered) stating that we had something happen and could not make it. I had asked them to call me to reschedule and never received a return phone call. I called again the next week to set another appointment, again to have my call ignored. When calling again the next day, the girl who answered the phone told me that Jimmy was waiting for us for the original appointment and we never showed (no call to me to find out if I was coming - again, we were ignored). She also indicated that they don't listen to their voicemails which is completely absurd for a business to do! Because of how accusatory she was to me for not being able to attend the first meeting and the fact that they completely ignored my further attempts to work with them, I told her that we no longer wished to use them because their service was so horrible. I will NEVER patronize this establishment as they seem to not care how customers are treated.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Toma122115
Roberto D, Owner at Guacamole Taqueria, responded to this review, February 9, 2016
dear toma,
we are very sorry for catering event. we have had great success that past year in catering and have improved dramatically. We have a standard that any calls or emails for catering come directly to myself and the owner. We strive to service our community with exceptional food and service. Please keep us in mind if you plan to do another catering event and give us a chance to impress you.

Arkansas
“Best mexican anywhere nearby - bar none! Tasty, tasty, tasty”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Very good and tasty food. Nice portions. Great preparation. Shrimp tacos simply the best we have had. Unimpressive atmosphere, but hey! Its mexican. Fajitas were great, burrito great, tacos great. Forget the margaritas, not even sure what they actually are? One annoyance - be warned - you do not get chips and salsa. You have to pay for chips and guac. I think this is annoying, but not a deal breaker for sure. Very casual in a strip mall, but the food is certainly worth it. Our servers have always been cold/diffident/angry, so don't expect anything different. Go for the food, tolereate everything else, and don't get edgy about the chips. One nice benefit, annoying loud people from NY do not seem to go there!

1 Thank Ragard
“Great flavor”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I really like their food. I would easily give them 5 stars if the service was consistently good. It is a perfect place to grab good take out.

“Not authentic”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I'm mexican and grew up eating mexican food. Lived in texas for 30 years and tacos, gorditas, chips and salsa, etc.... is what I lived off of. I was hoping to be blown away after reading the reviews or at least pleased. I was neither, only disappointed. It's just not what you would get in mexico, texas, or cali. It's just plain florida mexican food.

Lagos, Nigeria
“Pleasantly Real Mex, not TexMex.”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

While in South Florida I ate at Guacamole Taqueria twice, once for take out and once dining in. I would give a higher rating, except the quality was inconsistent and the efficient waiters could be more hospitable. Don't go if you expect TexMex, but if you long for real Mexican food, this is the place, you’ll find queso fresco and queso blanco, no cheddar here. Guacamole Taqueria’s chips are spiced in an indefinably delicious manner and are perfect with their fresh guacamole. The table salsas come in squeeze bottles, one green and one red and do not disappoint. My favorite dish is the tostadas. There are 2 to an order and an excellent value at $6.95. The same spices used on the corn chips are used on the tostada shells, which retained their lovely crispness from start to finish. I do like to eat tostadas with my hands and was able to do so with ease. I enjoyed them vegetarian-style, and asked for guacamole in place of the beef or chicken. When I dined in, the tostadas came with a nice-sized dollop of guacamole and were well drizzled with sour cream. They were delicious and I made plans to come back for more. When I ordered them for take out, however, there was only a smidgen of guacamole on top and no sour cream. I'd spoken highly about Guacamole Taqueria to my MIL, a Jupiter resident and was disappointed with the way the second batch of tostadas had turned out, but she described them as the 'best Mexican food' she’d ever eaten, and is destined to become a new regular customer. Do try the hibiscus tea and horchata (rice milk). Both are made fresh on-site and quite yummy, if a bit sweet. As with the tostadas, they are a great value at $2.00 each for American-sized mediums, so there is plenty to share.

1 Thank Amanda C