“Great place to kayak, hike, bike”
Review of Riverbend Park

Riverbend Park
Ranked #3 of 57 things to do in Jupiter
More attraction details
Owner description: AMENITIES fishing (freshwater) parking Equestrian Parking is available at the park. All vehicles and trailers must be out of the parking area when the park closes. picnic chickees, single table - available on a first-come, first-served basis (vehicular access limited to picnic chickees located on Picnic Island; otherwise access through hiking or biking) picnic pavilions - available on a first-come, first-served basis (no vehicular access to picnic areas - access through hiking or biking) East Grove Picnic Area sits 20-30 people, barbeque grill available Big Hammock Picnic Area sits 20-30 people, barbeque grill available Cow Pen Picnic Area sits 35-45 people, barbeque grill available 8 small individual picnic shelters with grills available picnic pavilion (River), reserved group (1) - located on Picnic Island (vehicular access) rental concession (closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays) bicycle canoe/kayak restrooms, port-o-let - available in key locations throughout the park trails bicycling and hiking/walking trails (nearly 10 miles of compacted shell rock) equestrian trails (nearly 7 miles) waterways (5 miles) LOCATION OF Loxahatchee Battlefield - Second Seminole Indian War, site of Loxahatchee National Wild and Scenic River Ocean-to-Lake Trail (Florida Trail), portion of
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Pennsylvania
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Great place to kayak, hike, bike”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Kayaking the Loxahatchee in either direction is always an adventure. If renting from the park concession, look for the peacock who stalks the parking lot. Bike trails are well cared for. Good signage throughout the park.

Visited November 2013

Chicago, Illinois
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Beautiful, healthy way to spend a few hours”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Riverbend is a fantastic, healthy and truly beautiful way to spend a few hours.

During the usually leisurely paddle, you will find yourself under a gorgeous canopy of native flora. On our last trip, we saw many examples of fish, turtles and alligators.

Beware that when the stream is running faster than normal, the return trip up-stream can be challenging.

Visited December 2012
Boynton Beach, Florida
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Beautiful trails, but hardly any wildlife or birds. Very easy to get lost with not much guidance.”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I made the mistake of trying Riverbend Park in Jupiter, FL for the first time by myself. I would not recommend ever going there by yourself. I got lost. Did not run into any other people on the trails and there was no one around to ask for directions. They have maps throughout the trails, but they were not helpful and I was scared. It does give you the feeling of being in Florida (the way it used to be).The only wildlife that I saw were 2 ospreys that were on huge trees viewable from the road. I did some research before I went and saw photos of wild turkeys, sandhill cranes, swallow-tail kite, deer, ospreys and hawks but only saw the ospreys, I admit that I didn't go early in the morning and was walking around 1:00 in the afternoon but there needs to be much more direction and assistance there. It is beautiful, but I suggest going with a group of friends orwith an Audubon Society that has a nature guide. Never go alone.,

Visited November 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Unexpected Lovely Park!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were wondering what to do with our free Saturday morning (so glad we came here). The weather had changed and it was finally getting cool in Florida. We have so many beautiful parks and beaches the selection seemed endless, but we were looking for some place close by. I had heard of Riverbend Park, so we decided to go and check it out.
Sometime life gives you a bit of hardships, and we find that getting in touch with nature does us so much good. This park was wonderful, so many beautiful birds, the most wonderful woodpeckers that I have ever seen. We saw gators, and many other kinds of birds. We also saw beautiful horses; some nice ladies were taking a ride and stopped to cool them off at the river’s edge. She said she was riding a Paint quarter horse, what beautiful animals.
The park has a river that many take advantage of by kayaking or canoeing on it. It seems to wind around the park. There was such a nice breeze as we walked under the trees to try to get pictures of some of the birds, trees and plants. It really is a very special place.
It’s incredible that such a wonderful wild place could be right here so close to the city. There were many shaded areas, were you could have a picnic under the trees, or perhaps you can have a nice BBQ and have your lunch under the many picnic pavilions available without reservations.
This beautiful quiet park was such a wonderful experience. We will definitely come back soon with other family members and enjoy a BBQ. “Friends and nature it does not get better than this”.
BWT there are many trail many under shaded areas, other not so much so the earlier you go the better. All seemed wheelchair accessible, only port a potties available. No fee to enter park.

Visited October 2013
Jupiter, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Beautiful place, nice trails +”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The canoe or kayak trip is a must do. It's one of the last wild rivers without development encroachment left in Florida. The only negative is that I can't take my dog while I jog there. No dogs allowed. Too bad as he's well behaved on a leash.

Visited October 2013