“A Favorite”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“A Favorite”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Been living in this area for 20 years and Portobello is the best Italian restaurant here. Have eaten here 50 times and its always great. Veal Sinatra, Veal chops, Pasta, sauce.......Yummy!
Being from an Italian family I speak with authority. Try it, even mama loves it!

2 Thank Marcopolofl6

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EXCELLENT, BUT”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We absolutely love this restaurant. Food excellent, wait staff excellent, owners excellent.BUT They have a female bartender that works on the weekend that is the most rude bartender we have ever experienced. She forces us to eat at other restaurants, we love to have a cocktail prior to dinner and expect a fun time. By the time you are finished your cocktail you are in a really bad mood. WHAT A SHAME. IT WILL BE A LONG TIME BEFORE WE GO BACK!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank PAT P
“Old Time Italian, think I saw Frank & Dean”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Food was very good especially the pasta. My veal parm was a good portion and tasty. My wife's veal francaise was too floury and did't have enough crust or lemon. I think she just made a bad choice instead of her usual veal piccata. Service not bad by any means but he spent way too much time with two ladies near up pushing his homemade flu remedy. He Doc, practice medicine or wait tables, you can't do both. I still like the friendly, home feeling and food at Giussepee's better but I give this joint another shot. I loved that all the food was really hot. No butter with bread? Come on, don't get Frank mad or he'll flip a few tables.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank dam83
Jupiter
“Overpriced average Italian food.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Way overpriced average Italian food; and all dish prices have gone up from the website menu.
Went there Sat eve with my wife and parents. Why doesn't a $24 dish come with a salad....give me a break; especially when the salad is $8.95. We had better meals at ZIps, Carrabas, Nicks Tomato Pie; even Carmines. I will never go back to this place.

3 Thank LibertySigns
“I love this restaurant”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This restaurant is not the prettiest restaurant you will ever see but the food is excellent. We always sit at the bar and have our dinner. The staff is very friendly. The wine is good. It's always crowded. The bar people are always friendly. It's like your neighborhood country club.

2 Thank dianemontgomery