“Little but mighty”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed April 1, 2013

If you plan on eating here, be prepared for a wait unless you don't mind sitting at the bar where you can watch the food prep. Highly recommend this if you are alone or a party of two. Watching the food prep is fascinating- in a tiny little space, loads of meals make their way to the right customer perfectly prepared.
The potato encrusted grouper in FABULOUS. Any of their fish is fresh and very tasty.
The servers all look after you whether you are "their" table or not.
It is such a tiny place, plan on waiting, as stated, but enjoy the crowd-watching while you wait or engage in some of the great conversation that ensues with some of the crowd that is used to the long wait. You can learn quit a bit about the local area from the frequent fliers to Little Moirs.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Wow. This restaurant was our last meal out during our week in FL, and apparently we saved the best for last. Everything about this place was perfect. When a place won't take reservations and still always has a long line to get in, you know you've found a winner. Our wait ended up being about 20 minutes, and in the meantime I got a beer at the bar. The bartender was very helpful, humoring my request for a good local draft, even when the bar was slammed. We were offered seats at the bar, next to the expo window, and though I was hesitant at first (pregnant wife, due in July), those ended up being the best seats in the house. To watch that kitchen work was incredible. A busy Saturday night and they still had time to give us attention and some interaction (as did the other waitstaff that picked up at the window), and not miss a beat. My wife had the Indironi. Indironi! Look it up, it's something you will want to recreate at home. The sweet potato encrusted hogfish was a helluva portion with incredible flavor. Get it when you can. Now... Mike, Mike Mike, what can I say? After hearing that the in-house homemade ice cream was being 86'd, and seeing the disappointment on my pregnant wife's face, Mike held back the last serving, a full 30 minutes out, for us to SAVOR. Where else are you gonna find that kind of service? So, HIGHLY recommended on any trip to any area close to Leftover's... You don't want to miss out. And if your experience is even half as memorable as ours was, throw a little extra cash to the rum fund. It'll be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Another interesting menu, still pricey for what you get, wait staff similar to Food Shack, i.e. young, haughty, and overly-tattooed. At least the tables are a little farther apart, so it didn't seem as crowded, though we did go in late afternoon between meal times. Hubby like the crab soup, I had a pumpkin soup that was supposed to have coconut and a bit of lemongrass, but all I tasted was the zest after a few bites, and I couldn't finish it. I mentioned it to the manager on the way out and he offered to let me have a bowl of something else to go, which I appreciated, but didn't accept. His concern was genuine, which was good, it's just too bad his wait staff wasn't a bit more attentive. Lots of fresh seafood choices with large portions, and the menu is very original, but the dining experience was just average, though slightly better than Food Shack.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

After years of locals praising this quaint little seafood cafe I made if for lunch last week. I've previously heard that the wait in line for this place is extensive but we were seated at lunch within five minutes and the place was packed!

I'm not a big fan of seafood so I opted for their 'adult' mac 'n cheese. I can't remember the name of the dish but it was the only mac 'n cheese on the menu! The cheese sauce tasted fresh and was decadently delicious. I believe it is traditionally topped with browned garlic but I opted for bacon in mine and topped with it! It was heavenly!

Service was fast and friendly and I would definitely come back again. Maybe for dinner next time because they had an extensive list of beers on tap that I would've tried but couldn't on the company clock!

Note, it was a bit on the expensive side for lunch I thought but I've found most seafood places are so.

Also, I have to mention that the decor was really cute, very tropical, key west beach themed!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just order the title of this review and see for yourself. Wonderful local restaurant with a menu to make your mouth water. They squeezed our party of 7 in at short notice and every plate was a winner.