“Absolutely great folks to dive with”

Jupiter Dive Center
Ranked #6 of 30 Tours in Jupiter
More attraction details
Owner description: The Jupiter Dive Center is the only full service dive center in Jupiter, our boats are docked only steps away from our shop, it is as simple as park check-in and go diving. We have a well stocked retail shop and a repair center on site so that we can accommodate all of your needs, We do 2 tank drift dives everyday and are open from 8am to 6pm 7 days a week.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Newton, New Hampshire
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Absolutely great folks to dive with”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This is the 3rd year that I dove with JDC while snowbirding it in the area and looking forward to next year. I've been diving for over 15 years and JDC is definitely a class operation. From Adam taking reservations and checking folks in to helping me with some gear, to the boat captains Tim & Mike who know every in & out of the dive sites, and the dive leads Amy, John, + Phil; I haven't been with a better group of dive professionals. Just my opinion but diving in Jupiter is one of the best dive sites, out doing Grand Cayman and a lot of the big Caribbean draws.

Visited February 2014

Phoenix, Arizona
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“"That was easy"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Visited Jupiter, Florida to do some mid-winter diving and for a chance to see some Lemon sharks. Found Jupiter Dive Center (JDC) on the web along with a few other dive charters. Due to my schedule, JDC was the only shop with boats going out 7 days a week. I arranged to dive two days (two tanks each day) with JDC.

Shop/Dock: The full service dive shop is located in a small business complex off the A1A. It has ample car parking and its own dock, which is located right behind the shop. The parking lot to the boat is estimated at less than 50 yards. JDC has a complete retail showroom and in the back, a tank checking station JDC had several employees working both the front counter and the tank station. All employees were friendly, efficient and professional.

Dive Boat: JDC operates two dive boats. Both boats, held appx 20 divers and were equipped with dive platforms and easy to use ladder (to board after the dive). There was a typical safety brief by the captain and one by the divemaster with a detailed description of the area where we would be diving. The boat was well stocked with both hot and cold water, snacks and cold drinks. A separate heated fresh water hose was also available to rise if needed. The head was clean and the boat appeared to be in good/very good condition.

Customer service: No complaints or changes needed. Once you filled out the liability paperwork and paid, you walked over and assigned two tanks. An employee would assist you in checking the mixture (I was diving NITROX) then took the tanks down to the boat. You could haul your gear down the 20 yard pier or if needed, a JDC employee would assist you.

Dive(s): There were appx 12 divers on the boat. A DM was assigned to the group of 8. 2 were doing OW certification and 2 other were diving for lobster. A DM lead the dive but allowed you to do "your thing" (coordinate with them). Jupiter is known for "large animal encounters", if you are looking for shallow, pretty reef dives, keep driving south. My four dives were in the 70' to 90' range and during which, I was able to see several Lemons and a few reef sharks.

Overall: Dives change every day if not every hour, so I did not concentrate on the fish or specific site, just customer service, equipment or anything that might help plan a great trip. I would recommend JDC to any solo, couple or group diving.

1 Thank Bruce13549
New York City, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“First Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Really...not a single complaint! Jupiter Dive Center nailed it. The facility, staff, boat and service was all very good. I very much appreciated the emphasis on safety.

I was also pleasantly surprised with the quality of the diving. Good shark (bull, reef, and lemon) encounters and schools of goliath groupers.

Will definitely return.

Visited January 2014
captGerald, Owner at Jupiter Dive Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you very much for the review, we are glad you had a good time and were welcomed by some of our larger marine life.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Philadelphia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Blue Heron Bridge Dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was surprised at how much sea life was there. It is a great dive if you are looking for something quick.

I was only able to do a brief shallow dive as my niece was only doing a resort course but it was still a nice dive. Great for newbies (which I am)

Amy was our dive master and she was great. Really helpful and had great advice for me. She was also fantastic with my niece who was trying scuba for the first time. Very patient.

Overall they seemed like a great shop and next time I'm in Jupiter I will definitely be giving them a call.

Visited January 2014
captGerald, Owner at Jupiter Dive Center, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thanks for the positive review, glad you had a good time at the bridge, hopefully we will see you soon on the boat.
orlando
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Excellent dive center/boat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Ive dove with JDC on many occasions and have always had a good experience. Their boats are well kept and the crew has always been very friendly and professional. First class operation. The dive shop has a wide selection of gear in case you forget somehting or want an upgrade. Nitriox is available as well. The dock is literally 15 feet off the back door of the shop so loading up is a snap. The reef off of Jupiter is excellent on florida standards. The bottom slopes off to 85 feet and then rises sharply. It makes for about a 15 foot reef with lots of sea life. The dive at 'tunnels" was epic. Jupiter is one of my favorite dive areas and is much more interesting that West Palm. The dive guide Ember from Israel was very professional and alot of fun. She really made sure everybody was in good shape and having a good time. I would highly recomened diving with JDC and we will definitely be back.

Visited November 2013
Thank you very much for the review, we are glad you had a good time and we hope to see you again in the near future.