“Sharks and Turtles and Grouper, oh my!”

Jupiter Dive Center
Ranked #6 of 30 Tours in Jupiter
More attraction details
Owner description: The Jupiter Dive Center is the only full service dive center in Jupiter, our boats are docked only steps away from our shop, it is as simple as park check-in and go diving. We have a well stocked retail shop and a repair center on site so that we can accommodate all of your needs, We do 2 tank drift dives everyday and are open from 8am to 6pm 7 days a week.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sharks and Turtles and Grouper, oh my!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have been diving for 24 years, and instructing SCUBA since 1999. I definitely recommend this facility. The operation is very professional and their store looks great with gear for the novice or technical diver. I went on a 3 tank dive with my friend, also an experienced diver. We dove Nitrox for all the dives. Their nitrox filling and mix verification station is right inside the store, easy to use and convenient. The boats are the classic dive boat, with a fly bridge and big deck with plenty of room to move around on, and plenty of snacks,drinks, and a nice lunch. The locations we dropped in on for our drift dives were fantastic. On the first dive, we immediately started seeing sharks swimming underneath us. The other dives were fantastic as well, starring Goliath Groupers and turtles. We even saw a Loggerhead Turtle that was bigger than me!

I now live in Florida and will definitely be going back!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank ChillinThaMost

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Love it!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Always a lot of fun diving with Jupiter Dive Center! The shop and the boats are very nice, lot of space; the crew and captains are knowledgable, nice, and really helpful; and the diving is incredible!! Turtles, rays, sharks, goliath groupers, name it and you'll most likely have it there!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Guillaume B
Newton, New Hampshire
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Top Notch Dive Operation”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I've been diving for over 15 years and would rate JDC as one, if not the best, dive operation I've encountered. Everyone was extremely friendly, very professional, safety conscious but not smothering, bring you to fantastic dive sites with goliath groupers, turtles, sharks, and lots and lots of fish throughout the drift dive. Also they let you maximize your bottom time. Would recommend diving nitrox to allow for up to 45 minutes of bottom time at 70 - 80 feet.

1 Thank Paul S
captGerald, Owner at Jupiter Dive Center, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Paul,

Thank you for the nice review, we are truly very fortunate to have such great marine life off of Jupiter and some world class diving. I'm glad you enjoyed your time here with us and the whole crew hopes to see you again in the near future.

Gerry
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great operation”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Did a shark scuba specialty course here and love the people. I have gone diving with them several times and always have had a good experience.

Visited February 2013
captGerald, Owner at Jupiter Dive Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed the class and are very fortunate to have Amy arrange these classes for the shop, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Orlando, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“First Class Dive Center”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I booked a two-tank dive with JDC this week and I couldn't have been more pleased with the experience. The staff is friendly, professional, organized and highly skilled. Rental equipment is new, high quality and well maintained. Everywhere you look in this operation you can see evidence of professionalism and quality. Dives are run with an obvious commitment to safety, which is good because the two dives we did averaged 85 feet. JDC appears to attract experienced divers, though I'm sure they make appropriate accommodations for beginners.

The dives themselves were spectacular: 75 feet visibility even 90 feet down. Loads of sea life everywhere you looked, including reef and nurse sharks, eels, lobster, octopus and gamefish.

I will return to this shop any time I'm near Jupiter.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank FredJake
captGerald, Owner at Jupiter Dive Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I will make sure that the crew gets a copy of it. I am very proud of all of our staff and it is great to hear compliments from our customers.

I am glad you enjoyed the diving we have here in Jupiter, in my opinion some of the best around and we hope to see you again soon.

Regards