“Great Food, Great Service, Amazing Setting...”
Review of Guanabanas

Guanabanas
Ranked #18 of 222 Restaurants in Jupiter
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2009

I am SO excited to find this gem in my own backyard. I had a couple friends tell me about Guanabanas and highly recommend it. I did a search online and was a little discouraged when I read a couple of bad reviews. I almost didn't go. But, I had a friend in town from NYC and he wanted to go there, so off we went. I was apprehensive and didn't expect too much.

Well.... It was a rainy day and STILL the setting was off the charts. Couldn't have asked for more in this area. Then the waitress came and she was EXTREMELY helpful since we had never eaten there. I went with the Smothered Chicken Burrito and my friend had the Fish Tacos. Both were FANTASTIC (I'm taking his word for it). Being from San Diego originally, I am very discriminating when it comes to Mexican food. Well, this burrito was GREAT. Fresh ingredients and more than enough to fill me up.

If you've not been here yet, go now! Seriously, my mouth is watering as I recount my experience writing this review. If you want a fun spot after your meal, walk across the street and head down Love St. until you get to The Square Grouper. Combine this two Jupiter hotspots for an amazing evening.

2  Thank VivaLaPatch
Write a ReviewReviews (2,189)

Reviewed May 24, 2009

The menu has all different options, all very good. Not the most affordable, but nice for a special occasion.

1  Thank FireFlyOjea
Reviewed April 27, 2009

My sisters and I enjoyed lunch at Guanabanas, the first time we've been there since they re-opened after the long remodeling project. The atmosphere is awesome, it's on the water, with tables outdoors and lush landscaping. You can arrive by boat and docks are available (if your boat can clear the low bridge off the intracoastal to this little area). You definitely feel like you're on vacation here.

The food is very good and the prices are reasonable. Many of the menu items have a tropical-island touch, like the macadamia coconut chicken fingers (7.95), or the avocado bacon mango salad (8.95), and fresh seafood dishes (16 to 18).

Adjacent is the Jupiter Outdoor Center and they offer kids age 5-15 a kayak rental for $10 for 15 minutes. We saw lots of kids taking them up on the offer and having a good time.

The only negative thing I can think of is the wait, we waited 45 minutes for a table on a busy Sunday afternoon, but I guess we should have expected that. The parking is valet and is complimentary, as they have to take your car to a location across the road.

I'd definitely recommend Guanabanas to anyone!

1  Thank catcat
Reviewed March 24, 2009

Like the landscape and he bar but NOT the food is below average ... they can improve on their kitchen ...

1  Thank AhmadAJupiter
Reviewed March 16, 2009

Finally went to Guanabanas for the first time for lunch yesterday. We got there a little before 12 to beat the rush and were able to get a table immediately. It was packed by the time we left though. I love the atmosphere with all the lush tropical foliage. Definately makes you feel like you're on vacation even when you're a local. The food was great too. I had the house salad with blackened dolphin and the dolphin was the best I've had in some time. The only negative thing I can say is the wait staff is not the best. They all seem to be very young and a little clueless. Regardless of that one issue, I highly recommend Guanabanas for anyone wanting a great meal in a great atmosphere.

3  Thank marllie

Been to Guanabanas? Share your experiences!