“Fantastic Seafood & Atmosphere!”
Review of Guanabanas

Guanabanas
Ranked #7 of 218 Restaurants in Jupiter
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

When I first moved to the West Palm Beach, Florida area a year ago, a date and I tried to eat at this restaurant but the wait time was over 2 hours and no bar space so we opted for another place. I finally ate here on Saturday 3/16/13 with a friend and it was so perfect! We still had to wait about 45 minutes for a table, but there are plenty of standing tables to place drinks before hand, plus the bar stools, which were again, all taken. But we got service at the bar immediately. Drinks were great.

When seated we were next to the water so it was a great view. The band was playing funky reggae-type music. - Cool atmosphere. You know you're in a tropical location.

The food was fantastic! The seafood is fresh local/Florida catches. I had the blackened macadamia nut grouper and chose the asparagus and rice and beans as my sides, which were all delicious. My friend got another type of fish which was also super tasty.

If you're looking for a place to take a date or for an anniversary, this is the place. But it's got that laid back cool vibe going on. I definitely plan on coming back here soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,075)

Reviewed March 22, 2013

After a long walk on Juno Beach we found our way to Guanabanas. The atmosphere was fun and beautiful, and we were greeted by a friendly hostess and found a seat immediately. Our waitress, Corinne Merlin was FABULOUS! She was so enthusiastic and knowledgeable regarding the menu, and recommended wonderful meal options and drink pairings. Her cheerful attitude made us all feel welcome and we will return every time we visit. The food was delicious, as were the drinks. I highly recommend making this a stop when you are visiting Jupiter, Florida. We had Crab Cakes, Cuban Sandwich, and the Potato Crunch, and ALL exceeded our expectations! It is MUST GO! Cheers

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have been here many times and have never been disappointed. Food is always great, atmosphere is so laid back and relaxing. Live entertainment is always enjoyable. One of our "must see" places when we have friends in from out of town.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Being from the North, this was the first place we ate dinner at this year on vacation. I was blown away from the atmosphere this restaurant provides and VERY happy with the meal I had. Not a big fish eater, I opted for the black grouper prepared with lemon and light butter. It was cooked perfectly and was a very mild fish like the waiter had described. I also enjoyed their non-traditional side options like planate pasta salad and plantains. A great meal mixed with one of the most beautiful settings I have ever seen for a restaurant made for a perfect date night.

1  Thank ReneeLavoie
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I was kind of worried to eat here with so many bad reviews. We wanted something open air and tropical so we tried it. Our meals were fantastic. We started with delicious guacamole and chips (corn for you gluten allergy people). They also had a gluten free menu for our friend. 2 of us ordered the macadamia and coconut encrusted black grouper. It was fabulous! The fried plantains and corn pudding were very good side dishes. The corn pudding we call scalloped corn in the Midwest. My friend had the blackened red grouper and the kids had 3 mini hamburgers. They enjoyed theirs as well. We finished with triple layer chocolate toffee cake. We had to wait about an hour to be seated for our meal. It was well worth the wait for the incredible view of the water and the great meals.

1  Thank drmilk

Been to Guanabanas? Share your experiences!