“Don't stay here!”

Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Juno Beach
Reviewed May 5, 2010

We were never told the place was under construction. When we got there it looked like a bomb hit the place. There was jackhammering going on and large construction trucks everywhere. The pool area was closed with no hope of it opening any time during our 1 week stay. Before we checked in we asked to see the room so we could decide if we would stay. We requested a room with a king size bed and got a room with double beds. The room stunk of newly paved tar from the parking area. We never checked in and had to find another place to stay, but they held the $600 fee for an entire week.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank chrstphmah8
theresagio, Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2010

We were sorry to see this review for the Holiday Inn Oceanview Juno Beach.
The hotel has been undergoing renovations that include guest rooms, parking, and the landscaping/grounds. We have noted this renovation on all websites so future guests would be notified upon making their reservations, as well as any guests contacting the hotel directly would be notified.
Regarding the $600 fee, this was not brought to the attention of the General Manager.
There is a process for any reservation that was paid in full from any booking source other than Holiday Inn. The person must contact that booking source directly to process the refund. After that time, the General Manager could authorize a refund to that source.
As we are excited to unveil our newly renovated property, we again offer our most sincere apology to this couple for their inconvenience.

Reviewed February 24, 2010

We had room 346 whihc is a corner suite with a decient view of the ocean. Yea there are other houses and power poles in the way, but we felt it was the best we could do for the area. Hotel staff, Todd, was very helpfull and professional. Bed was hard as a rock however. If your the type of person that loves rock hard beds, this is the room for you. They are working on updating the compound, of the 3 bulidings, it appears one is done, they are currently working on the one and have another on to go. I would guess by end of summer 2010 they would be all done, but again, thatis just a guess. We would stay here again

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Here is my impression after only 1 night...

Location: Easy to get to but DECEPTIVE when it comes to location to the beach. It is a couple block aways and then down a boardwalk. It is an easy walk but you are not AT the beach.

Check-in: Night shift person was not overly friendly. He was out visiting when I arrived. When he went behind the counter, he did not say a word. He just stood there and waited for me to speak. I was not acknowledged as a Priority Club member ( a fairly high one at that) and while that may not be a big deal, it is different than any other property I have stayed at. While my daughter was waiting for me to arrive, she said that 3 different groups returned after checking in to complain that their rooms were not clean and had to be relocated.

The room: The room itself is okay - typical HI Express. Nice beds, free high speed internet, clean.

The bathroom...is another story:
It was clean but is in need of repare and replacement. The plumbing sounded like an airplane taking off lasting more than a minute when the toilet is flushed. The shower fixtures need replaced. They are broken. Once again, I do want to say it was clean upon arrival.

The breakfast: This was the worst I have seen at any HI Express. These are usually a little on the bland and simple side but they were out of biscuits at 7 AM (they didn't open until 6:30). They had plenty of gravy and people were told they could put the gravy on bread. However, one of the servers and another worker came out with biscuits for their personal consumption just before 7:30. Someone asked the 1st one where they got the biscuit and she said it was the last one. Just shortly after that, the 2nd person came out with one. Still no biscuits had been put out for the guests.

The pool: Closed until approved by the city to re-open. The pool area is larger than most and very nicely landscaped (but not much of a benefit if it is not usable).

Overall: It is a good value if you know what you are getting into and don't have typical HI Express expectations when it comes to service, etc.

I have 6 nights reserved but not sure I will stay here the entire time. On the other hand, it does beat something located on the interstate, downtown, etc. I'll give a couple of days and spend some time looking around at other hotels before making up my mind.

If you like high-end properties, this will NOT meet your expectations.

If you are realistic about older hotels in beach communties (and the pool is open), you will be fine.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank vtxriders
Reviewed November 28, 2009

We stayed here for business/leisure and I have to say this hotel was wonderul. The location right next to the beach was outstanding! The staff/owner was wonderful and very helpful! The breakfast was the normal HI Express breakfast, changed up alittle every day-but very fresh. The pool was nice, and salt water chlorinated. I have to say overall for business, or family getaways this hotel is very nice. They are also remodeling because the hotel is older(but don't get us wrong, very well kept), so can't wait to see new rooms!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2009

Not the lush accomodations but very place and comfortable. THe front desk were helpful, the pool area was nice, good location, and comfortable beds and a great price

Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Clean, very accomodating staff, and a 4 minute walk to the beach. Excellent value for the dollar. They offer wi-fi, provide a pretty nice complimentary breakfast, and there are, at least, 5-7 restaurants a very short walk away.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Took a chance with this hotel and I am glad I did. The entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful especially Jo-Jeanne and Patricia. The property is older but well-maintained with nice landscaping and a very clean pool area. There are many parking spaces right outside each building. My room was clean, comfortable and spacious; the bed was great and the air conditioner was quiet and kept the room nice and cool on the extremely hot and humid July days of my stay. I've encountered a number of newer hotels where the air conditioner was very loud or blew cold air right at the bed, but that was not the case here. I didn't need to adjust any settings - it was perfect the entire time. The complimentary breakfast was better than most hotels with eggs, bacon, cereal, oatmeal, fresh muffins and breads, good fresh coffee, and some fresh fruit. The breakfast room was very pleasant with a big TV. I used the business center to print out my boarding pass for the next day and it worked well. I was traveling by myself - something that I do not often do, but the staff went out of their way to make me feel at home. The area surrounding the hotel was quiet and very nice with a CVS right next door and a few good restaurants right nearby. A beautiful beach is a short pleasant walk from the hotel and the beach road is one block away with lots of free parking spots and many access walkways, ramps, etc. to get you there. This hotel was an easy drive to Dr. Eaton's Handcenter near Jupiter hospital if you are visiting for that reason.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Juno Beach
Hampton Inn Jupiter/Juno Beach
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
#1 of 10 in Jupiter
Best Western Plus Palm Beach Gardens Hotel & Suites & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Palm Beach Gar...
#7 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens
Comfort Inn & Suites Jupiter
Fairfield Inn & Suites West Palm Beach Jupiter
La Quinta Inn Jupiter
La Quinta Inn Jupiter
#8 of 10 in Jupiter

Been to Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview? Share your experiences!