Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Juno Beach
ny
“big change”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

we were at this hotel a few years ago and it was a disaster, but we recently tried it again after the renovation and it was absolutely beautiful, the staff was great and the breakfasts were great, yes I would stay there again, the only thing is they are a bit pricey, the best western down the road is about 15.00 cheaper

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Susan D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We were thrilled to read your glowing review from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Juno Beach.
We are delighted that you enjoyed our delicious complimentary hot breakfast and our wonderful accommodations and amenities.
We appreciate your kind words regarding the staff at the hotel. We always appreciate the opportunity to recognize our associates for a job well done.
Everyone hopes it does not take to year to come back to our hotel again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Orlando, FL
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is nice, updated appearance and clean room. The bed was very firm and actually not the most comfortable I've slept on. My issue with this hotel is I'm on the first floor which has a large sliding glass door that opens to the patio/parking lot. I will not stay at hotels that have exterior doors because of safety concerns. The room doors are interior but the sliding glass door is exterior. I didn't realize this hotel had so many first floor rooms and its only two story so it's a 50/50 shot at getting a second floor room. There is no railing or screen between the glass door and the parking lot so it doesn't feel secure. It's a nice area and nice hotel but I can't stay here again on the first floor.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Scorpiofl
Susan D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are sorry that you did not like your room location. We do hope you do come back again to stay on a different floor. You are welcome to call me directly and I can assist you on making your reservation.
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The service was the worst I have ever received at a hotel. I detailed some of our issues and the lack of response we received below:
Check in:
o Employees were unrecognizable, wearing “plain clothes”
o Employees did not great us and were unresponsive for several minutes, as they chatted amongst themselves.
o We arrived very early on Thursday for our reservation, around 8am. But, we thought, lets go check it out and see if our room is ready. When we asked the woman at the front desk if the room was available she pointed to a sign and rudely stated that check in was at 3pm. We asked if she could please check and after a little coaxing she did look and say she would call us on our cellphone if the room became available prior to 3pm, which I thought was really nice, yet we didnt get into the room until 4pm.

Room quality/cleanliness:
o Upon entering our room we noticed immediately that it smelled like cigarette smoke. It was to the point that both of us had irritated eyes. It was so strong that my clothing now smells like the smoke in the room after our stay.

Guest Services:
We called the front desk upon entering our room for 2 reasons:
1. We booked a king sized bed and the room had 2 double beds
2. The room smelled like smoke (very strongly)
o With the first complaint the woman who answered the phone quickly responded that when we “called” to book our room we booked 2 double beds. It was so quick I could hardly believe she even checked.
 The women clearly stated “it was your fault” and was unapologetic and did not even attempt to help us to find a solution.
 I would have been satisfied, even if the woman could do nothing to help us, if it had seemed like she even tried to help, or showed any sympathy.
o With the second complaint, the woman’s response was “this is a non-smoking hotel”. Which, while that may be the case, did not help to solve our complaint of a smelly room. After asking several times if there was anything she could do (she said all rooms were booked and we would not be able to move over the next 4 days) she said she would send housecleaning up.
 Housecleaning arrived with a “spray bottle” of air freshener. It was useless and basically added a bad chemical smell to the already bad smoke smell.
 At this point I felt that some other attempt should have been made to help, yet nothing else was done, and there was no followup after the original complaint. I really felt like no one cared.

We did have some positives about our stay:
• We liked the view of the pool
• The beds were very comfortable to sleep in.
• great location
However, the service was so bad that it outweighed these positives twofold.
Also, extremely overpriced!!!
I would highly NOT reccommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Juno Beach area.

Room Tip: We liked the pool view on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank DwyerJakeway
Susan D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear alued Guest,

As always, we appreciate our guests taking the time to share their experiences both with us and other travelers on Tripadvisor.com.
The stay described above falls short of the manner in which we strive to treat our guests. I am terribly sorry about any inconvenience and I am committed to restoring the perception you had of the Holiday Inn Express when you chose us for your visit.
I can only hope that you will consider returning to the hotel in the future, as we would love an opportunity to regain your confidence.
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed at the hotel "thinking" it was a short walk to the beach because of the description. It is not. The front desk employees have a terrible personality. Our room was filthy, when we asked for anything they wanted to disagree. We used our points to stay and when we asked for a print out of our 2 night stay, she replied you dont need one. We asked again, she replied you don't need one but i will print you a blank piece of paper. We asked because we always receive an invoice even when we use our points. As we were in line to check out of our room , she took a call from another room, who was having problems with their room. She was not compassionate to their problems at all. Hung up then proceeded to tell all in line "they just call to complain, Im not changing anything". While that maybe how she felt and some in line were amused by it; an employee should never speak poorly about a customer in frt of another customer. I think the other reviews have hit the nail on the head with the breakfast, so all I will say is, its awful!!!

7 Thank Anaof5
Dear Valued guest,

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express Juno Beach hotel, I was truly sorry to this review.

We clearly fell short of your expectations during your recent visit and I offer my most sincere apologies.
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Billed as "ocean view" the hotel is on a major road not reasonably near the beach which, by the way, is not inviting at all.
The staff is pleasant, but do not go out of the way to be attentive.
On one day of our four night stays, I called because the room had not been cleaned by 3:30 pm. After waiting an hour, I went to the lobby to inquire. I was told that rooms were cleaned up to 4 or 5 pm. I am sorry, but the room of a guest of four nights should be cleaned earlier than that time.
The exercise machines did not work. There was a large water cooler in the exercise room, but I never saw any plastic cups with which to drink. There were frequently no towels in the exercise room.
Perhaps what most annoyed me was a message from the hotel manager advising that we would be receiving an email from intercontinental hotels shortly, and that if we could not respond with an answer of "excellent" to every question, we should contact her. I found this to be obnoxious.
The hotel was not designed for the capacity necessary to accommodate the number os breakfast guests. The offerings were sparse and not commensurate with the price charged for the property. The coffee was undrinkable.
This was by far the worst Holiday Inn Express I have ever visited, and although the hotel touts a recent multimillion dollar refurbishment, one would never know that from staying at the hotel.
I know that the manager will refute my review, but I would not have booked this room if I did not believe that the accommodations would be excellent. They were not. I will acknowledge that the hotel is generally clean and secure, and the parking was good.

6 Thank Newyorker11111
Susan D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We take all guest comments seriously and continuously make efforts to use any less than perfect reviews as training and coaching opportunities for our staff.
The hotel is conveniently located walking distance to area restaurants and 100 steps from the beach and our newly renovated guest rooms have either a view of our tropical courtyard or a view of the ocean.
I apologize if you felt that any website advertising was misleading, as that is not our intention.
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Selected this hotel after I read all of the previous reviews but was very disappointed when we arrived. The front deck was very rude. Her actions reflected that she did not like her job and assisting anyone. Our room was dirty, toilet was full of previous use and toilet was not working, it took 2 calls to the frt desk for repair person. He said it was working after his repair, quit working immed. Will never stay here again.

8 Thank Normanb916

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

This holiday inn was beautiful! Great location,close walk to the beach.Rooms were big,beds were very comfortable,patio was a relaxing spot to sit. The pool area was nice. Breakfast was free and delicious. The service was great very courteous. I highly recommend this place, I will be retuning.

1 Thank niki-col
Susan D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I was thrilled to read your glowing review from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Juno Beach.
So glad that our location just steps from the beach worked out perfectly for your trip.
Thank you again for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Juno Beach
Hampton Inn Jupiter/Juno Beach
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
#1 of 10 in Jupiter
Best Western Intracoastal Inn
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
#1 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
Homewood Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens
Homewood Suites by Hilton Palm B...
#3 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens

Been to Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview? Share your experiences!