“Lovely place!”

Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Juno Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Cooking up a storm in the kitchen is what inspired the opening of Hurricane Cafe by chef and owner Scott Phillip. Serving the hungry and thirsty patrons of Juno Beach, FL for over 15 years, Hurricane Cafe provides a relaxing atmosphere where the food does all of the talking. Try the award winning Breakfast or Lunch Menu but don't forget about the outstanding dinner menu. Hurricane Cafe uses only the freshest ingredients prepared from scratch daily. With a passion for quality, cooking, and service, Chef Philip and his friendly and knowledgeable staff set the standard for American cuisine offering local beer and wine pairings for every meal. Open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, patrons can enjoy their favorite American cuisine with a twist. Love eggs Benedict for breakfast? Try it with the restaurant's savory Crab Cake. Take a break from the beach and pop in for lunch for the Blackened Dolphin Sandwich, Grouper Rachel or one of the many amazing Salads. There's no wonder Hurricane Café received Trip Advisors 'Certificate of Excellence' 2012 to 2016, Zagat Rated "Excellent 2004-2015" and voted "Best Breakfast 2010" and "Best Lunch Spot 2006." Stop by for the restaurant's sunset menu from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for tasty entrees like Shrimp Scampi, Fish & Chips, or Sautéed Shrimp with Sweet Coconut Sauce. The dinner menu is loaded with big plates to keep you satisfied through the night, including dishes like homemade New England Clam Chowder and Sweet Chili Roasted Salmon or Yankee Pot Roast. Find your Fresh Catch of the day at Hurricane Cafe today. Call (561) 630-2012 visit online to see the full menu and daily specials at
Louisville, Kentucky
“Lovely place!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We got here by chance, and only got in because the guy that came in right after us highly recommended the place. It was packed, many of the diners seemed to be regulars, which is of course a good sign. The waiters were very efficient, but also warm and attentive (not in a fake way). We could not stop smiling. The veggie burger was not really a burger and also a little tasteless, but the salad was great, the bread was delicious, the fries were worth all the calories and the orange cake...wow. The best part (yes, it gets better!) how astonishingly affordable it all was.
The experience was so positive that we forgot all about the tacky decor.

• Visited May 2013
ChefScottPhilip, Owner at Hurricane Cafe, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Genuine service and quality food are two things we're proud to be known for. I'm happy to hear that it shows! I do apologize if your Veggie Burger, I developed it for our health conscience customers and it has an slightly earthy flavor with the many different grains and legumes but we try to complement the flavors with tomato bruschetta, feta and grilled romaine. Quite a few customers have lost weight with the dish which was our goal. Try our Falafel Wrap or the Mediterranean Flatbread which has a lot of bold flavors among our many vegetarian items on the menu. Thanks again for your great review.

Luxembourg
“Very poor Homemade Corn beach hash”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was invited here for a late Breakfast by friends on Sunday 19th May. Our party of 6 was quickly seated and our waitress was friendly and helpful.
I ordered the Home made corn beef hash $5.99 and white toast.
The restaurant was very busy but our food came without too long a wait.
I believe my companions had mixed views about the food but my home made Corn Beef Hash was awful. I did not complain or question the waitress about it as being a guest I felt I owed my host to smile and enjoy.
I eat Corn Beef Hash whenever I visit the USA and I think I know what it should taste like. However this home made versions main ingredient was MASHED or PURÉED potatoes and very little corn beef. Frankly the worst version of this classic dish I have ever eaten. Perhaps there was a mistake, who knows.
I have had to go online as I had to find as many recipes I could just to convince myself I might be wrong. However I not been able to find a recipe that does not state DICED potatoes.
This is a very popular venue and as we left there were a lot of people waiting for tables.
However with so many other places to choose from I will not be returning.

Visited May 2013
Please accept my apologies for your Corned Beef Hash. This is a new item for us and as I have found out from your review, our cooks were not following the recipe to spec. We have corrected the mistake and have since had rave reviews. I hope you will come back and give us another try next time you are in the area. I would like to personally make sure it is up to yours and our standards.

I understand your intent not to offend your host but we'd have gladly replaced your meal, no questions asked. I don't always follow a 'traditional recipe' but we do strive to make an excellent product. In this instance, our diced potatoes were over cooked and when mixed with the Corned Beef, it took the appearance of a mashed potato.

I appreciate your review and thank you for your time to write it. This is how we get better as a business. Please ask for me personally if you decide to give us another chance.

Thanks again,

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Lovely and good Food”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

On the small scale which makes it appealing. Fresh bright blue tables which always seem so Florida and clean! Wait staff always friendly and attentive. Food wonderful and very consistent.

Visited May 2013
ChefScottPhilip, Owner at Hurricane Cafe, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
It sounds like we're hitting all our marks! That is what we strive for everyday. Thank you for taking the time to share this review. We'll keep up the quality food and great service so you always have reason to return. Thanks for the kind feedback!

Best regards,

Juno Beach, Florida
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I do love a place that does breakfast right, and they certainly do here. I have come on quite a few occasions and will certainly return.

• Visited April 2013
SOUTH DARTMOUTH
“Nice place to visit”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Spent last Sunday morning at the Hurrican Cafe and was quite delightful.There pancakes were good and but the service was slow along with the food prep time .The atmasphere in side is very good with little coffee bar set up for single s with tables thru out. Tried the hash and that was not up to standards . Will return and give another chance but was a little disappointed

• Visited May 2013
ChefScottPhilip, Owner at Hurricane Cafe, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thanks for spending a Sunday morning with us, Shawn. I'm really sorry to hear that we left you slightly underwhelmed. This is definitely not characteristic of a typical visit here, and I do hope you'll stop in for a second try. There's no doubt that it will be an improved experience. Thank you for the feedback, and I hope to hear from you again when you stop back in.

Take care,