“Poor Food, Poor Service”

Thirsty Turtle Sea Grill
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Juno Beach
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Jupiter
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Food, Poor Service”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

The turtle used to be a great little hangout, but the service and the food have become terrible. I read a review on how the wings are never hot, well I can tell you why. During happy hour the cooks will make up 2-3 large baskets of wings for the deep fryer and fry them all at once. When the wings are cooked they will lift them out of the grease and suspend them over the hot oil to keep warm. So they are not made to order, they just grab them as needed, so the wings you eat could have been cooked 15 minutes before you get them. Service has gone down with the ship as well and much work is needed to float this boat again. I also have a problem when folks are waiting at the front door to be seated and the owners booth sits empty awaiting his grand entry. What a message he sends his customers!

1 Thank JupiterBeach01

New York City, New York
“AN ABSOLUTE MUST TRY!!!”
Reviewed May 6, 2010

After a problem with our hotel (HI Express) we decided to get a bite to eat before looking for another place to stay and stumbled upon this place. The second we walked in we were comfortable. The staff was attentive and even gave us advice on where to go for a great hotel. We ate and drank there several times during our stay and the food was great every time. Our last night in Fla. was my husbands b'day and they came over with the biggest brownie I ever saw and wished him happy b'day. This place is a real winner!!!

2 Thank chrstphmah8
Jupiter, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Run to the border.”
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I had a tuna salad that had a bitter after taste.I spent the rest of the day on the toilet .My mother in laws fried fish was all batter with a thin filet of mush on the inside .They need to stick to beer and wings.

1 Thank sgtdodo
Belleville, Illinois
“Best Grouper for such a casual place”
Reviewed March 24, 2010

If you go to the Jupiter area for Spring Training - don't miss this place. It's just 1/2 a block from the Holiday Inn Express (which has beach access just 1 block away and a pretty good breakfast).
We went on the advice of a St. Louis columnist who loves the hot wings but we chose fresh seafood. Yum! The owner gets fresh fish daily from a single source and it certainly pays off. The grouper was perfectly prepared, hot, flaky and lightly sweet. Fish and chips were good but the batter was a bit heavy. Great service and excellent quality for the price.

MA
“long wait for mediocre plain meal”
Reviewed February 26, 2010

My family went to TT for lunch. The place had a reputation of a fresh seafood market and thus having good seafood. What a lie! We had to wait 40 minutes before we got our food. I had a small piece of mahi on a lettuce salad which was washed and not event patted dry. As a result all I could taste was water instead of a meal. The kid meal selection was very poor: hot dogs, burger and dogs, no seafood. On top of that the place smelled and prices were high. I will not recommend it for a family outing. If you want to have a beer and wings you might be happy with TT.