“Food and service below average”

Juno Beach Fish House
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Juno Beach
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family owned and operated since 2000. Fresh and local seafood whenever possible.
Palm Beach Gardens
“Food and service below average”
Reviewed August 23, 2010

From the time our party of four (two were north Europeans who were craving fresh fish) we knew we should have gone elsewhere. The place had four customers, and four waiters were so busy talking to themselves we had to ask whether we should sit down by ourselves, despite the sign that says to wait to be seated. Finally someone came and guided us to a table, where we could hardly read the menu it was so dark. My wife's raibow trout was tasteless and my mahi-mahi as well, the salad just romaine lettuce cut up and thrown into a bowl. Our guests were polite, but it was obvious the fish they ordered did not meet their expectations. The calamari appetizer made me homesick for any Boston fish restaurant. All four of us are dessert lovers, but when the waiter asked, "Dessert?" we passed. Enough was enough.

Massachusetts
“Very good fresh seafood”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We just came back from the Juno Beach Fish House and really enjoyed our meal. The fish was fresh and cooked perfectly. The menu is pretty basic and the entree's include a salad or soup and 2 side's. The bread and olive oil dipping sauce was very good. I would recommend this place to families.

Juno Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good waiter, burnt food”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

My ribs at the Fish House came out burnt and crunchy. Another person at my table had the same experience with their ribs. We had to send them back and get new ones. The highlight of our dinner was our waiter, little Mikey Falco. He was such a polite young man. He brought our food out fast and returned the burnt ribs without a problem. I would recommend requesting him as your waiter if you ever decide to eat there. I had the "Sea Urchin" for dessert. It was good, but could have used more hot fudge on it.

1 Thank Granny79
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great food except for the hair in my fish and the unprofessional waitstaff”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I visited Juno Beach due to business purposes, and decided on this place because it was a small, locally-owned place near my hotel. I ordered the mahi-mahi florentine which was tasty and full of flavor. However, about three-fourths of the way into my dinner, I found a hair in the spinach and crabmeat on top of my fish. I called the bartender over to tell her and she said, "Oh that looks like a guy's hair." She asked if she could take it away for me and I obliged. She showed it to a couple of her coworkers and then came back. She asked if I wanted a complimentary dessert and I declined because most of the desserts contain wheat, which I do not eat. So, she took care of one of the glasses of wine I had during my dinner. There was never any "I am so sorry," or "can I get you another small piece of fish." I guess she figured I had eaten enough and that I didn't want something else to eat! Not that I would have ordered anything else, but it was the point. I watched the same bartender dip croutons in the salad dressing off of the salad line during my dinner, lick her fingers, and then touch napkins and touch glassware. Definitely not the most hygienically-focused workers. So, yes the food was good but the hygiene aspects of the place could use some improvement. Add to the ambiance that I was forced to watch the silly antics of the Lindsay Lohan ordeal on the TV at the bar and that about sums it up. The bartender seemed more interested in the celebrity news than making me happy. Would I go there again? Probably not. This place needs to tighten up the ship. I might try out some of the other local spots when i visit here in the future..

1 Thank FloridaGirl74
Smyrna
“What a wonderful surprise”
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Just happen to be driving by and noticed this restaurant. Unique decor insie and out. Looks like it would be more of a cahin type food and service but everyone and thing was first class and prices were reasonable.