“Food OK Service Not”

Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Juno Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated since 2000. Fresh and local seafood whenever possible.
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We had driven past this restaurant and wanted to try it so we came in on a week night and sat at the bar. The food is okay, they have New England lobster and some nice fresh fish choices and prices are good. It's very casual atmosphere and they have happy hour appetizer specials. We were disappointed in the service, the bartender acted like we were bothering her. We had no special requests, just ordered off the menu. My husband got the wrong side and the bartender said "oops my fault" and put in the request for the correct side which he never got. People around us were complaining about lack of service also. Maybe try sitting in the dining room or the outside porch looked nice.

Rick P, Manager at Juno Beach Fish House, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm happy to hear our chef and his staff did a good job in preparing your meals the other night. I appreciate your candor regarding your service at the bar that evening. That is not the way we take care of our guests and is unacceptable in regards to our high standards. I have sent you a private message with my contact information so that we may discuss this matter in better detail. Thank you for your patronage and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

There are newer reviews for Juno Beach Fish House

Reviewed April 23, 2014

You know the fish is fresh when the main menus item is being caught by all the local guys at the beach!! Pompano is running here now and apparently sold out on the menu. The food was great ! Starting with the dinner salad that came with the meal was one of the best salads I have had that included carmelized onions. All the dressing are made in house. I had the yellowfin snapper and it was superb ! The service rocked and the atmosphere was wonderful. Moderately priced with fresh catch of the day (4-6 to choose from) running around $23.00. I would like to say with the amount of food served it was equal in value to what is being served. Go! You will like the casual atmosphere and really great fresh local fish!

Rick P, Manager at Juno Beach Fish House, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant. One of the best things about leaving the "corporate" restaurant world in 2000 and running a locally owned and operated establishment is our flexibility to choose small, locally licensed fisherman to bring us incredibly fresh seasonal fish and seafood. Next time you are in the neighborhood, we would love to have you dine with us again!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We have been eating here about once a month for years. The seafood is absolutely the freshest in the area and no matter what you order it is always cooked perfectly. The ambiance is a bit simple but most go there for the food. They do have a shaded patio which gives the feeling of dining al fresco and has a bit more of the Florida "feel". We usually go to the bar which has great bar maids and a great 2 for 1 happy hour nightly from 5 to 6:30. My favorites are the huge fried shrimp, $17 which come with great sides and a house salad or great New England clam chowder and the fried crunchy Grouper also $17. This is a huge filet fried to golden perfection. Others have tried the fresh Tuna and most other dishes on the menu and never with any complaint. They have a 2 pound lobster special some nights and you can't get in it is so busy. Go there for the best seafood around!

Thank you for your patronage and your glowing review! I'm so pleased to hear from one of our many regulars. Great value and perfectly prepared fresh seafood is our mission We look forward to serving you and your party again! Thanks again!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed across from this place and walked over. We got seated right away and great service. The food was incredible and huge portions. We didn't have any room for dessert after dinner. I would go back!

Rick P, Manager at Juno Beach Fish House, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you so much for dinning with us and taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed what we are always striving for; great food, excellent service and reasonable prices. We look forward to serving you again on your return visit!
Rick Padilla, Manager
The Juno Beach Fish House

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Not worth the visit. There are many more choices in Juno/Jupiter. The service was ok. The bread was really great but the only reason for 1 star and the fact that you can't score 0 stars. Bride had salmon - tasteless and I had Tuna. No flavor my Tuna ordered rare was ice cold in the middle. I expect cool center for rare but it was obviously frozen and thawed and seared. It had no seasoning. The veggies were plain not even salt. Tasteless food which explains the amount of Alta Cockers (old people). The pilaf was a yellow rice without seasoning and the fries came out halfway through the meal without a spec if salt. It's well worth finding somewhere else to eat.

Rick P, Manager at Juno Beach Fish House, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

I would like to take the opportunity to congratulate you on your recent marriage to your bride(and if it wasn't recent, I love the fact you still refer to her as your bride, either way congratulations are in order) Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I'm happy to hear your service was ok, I have a great staff of servers that have been trained to anticipate your every need and they always seem to do it with a smile. It was very disconcerting to hear how so many things in regards to your meals being seasoned properly. happened without anyone knowing about it till now. We take great pride in the quality of our dishes and use the finest freshest seafood available. Our tuna is sushi grade Yellowfin, it is held at 38 degrees and when seared to rare takes only less than a minute on each side so it can be quite cool in the center. I'm happy to hear you appreciated our homemade bread and fresh herb infused olive oil. I truly would like to have you back as our guest and demonstrate why we are a local favorite. I have sent you a private message with my contact info and hope to hear from you very soon.
Rick Padilla, Manager