“Take your Immodium before you "go."”

Captain Charlie's Reef Grill
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Juno Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2009

I was in town visiting a friend this weekend and decided to try this restaurant. The fish was decent (certainly not the best seafood in Florida), but the rice and beans were undercooked, and the vegetables were way, way, way overdone. When the mixed vegetables are about the same translucent, sallow color, you're either eating at a nursing home or this place. I didn't dare try them.

When the busboy--not our waitress--asked how the food was, I told him about the undercooked rice and beans and the overcooked vegetables, and his only comment was that they have a lot to cook in the kitchen. Really? I thought I was in a restaurant that should be concerned about quality control.

To round out the not-so-impressive evening, suffice it to say that this meal did not stay with me long.

Overall, I am a gravely disappointed foodie. :o(

2  Thank psying

Reviewed August 24, 2008

Awesome seafood place - doesn't look like much from the street but totally worth going in!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Awesome Sea Food!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 17, 2008

If you want fresh fish cooked to order, this is the place.
The restaurant is casual and appears to be very popular. The menu is extensive and offers many different varieties of fish and seafood prepared in traditional or more innovative ways.

We opted to sample a variety of their appetizers from the hand written menu specials. We were delighted by all of them, fried oysters, quesadilla of blackened dolphin, rock shrimp, snapper cake and grilled tuna. Even though the restaurant was full, are food came quickly and the service was excellent.

Next time we return we are going to sit at the bar where one can watch the chefs in action.

Kudos!

2  Thank LauderDale12
Reviewed February 29, 2008

This place is ok, surprisingly everyone I go there with rants about it. The atmosphere is very casual.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook