“Best Seafood in Jupiter!”

Captain Charlie's Reef Grill
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Juno Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2014

On the recommendation of a friend our family visited Captain Charlie's and were very pleased with the results. While the restaurant location and décor was nothing to brag about, the food was fresh and great tasting. I had fried shrimp and oysters and they were the best I have had din a number of years. Others in our group had fresh tuna, swordfish and hog snapper. All were excellent. The homemade desserts were also very good. Bes sure to try the ice cream that was made there. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Walked into this tiny dinner with little expectations, came out with a one of a kind experience. Our server was so rude from the beginning. He huffed about one of the members in our group ordering the Greek salad with ranch dressing instead of what dressing came on it. Very awkward. Our food was really good though. So if you don't mind rude, crude service this is the place to go. When it was time to pay we asked the server for two checks prior to bringing our bill out. He didn't care. He came back with one check and told us to split the total in half. Lol we have two groups that got all different drinks, appetizers, and meals. We thought he was trying to be funny so asked again for them split and he got mad and yelled if u wanted them split then u should have told me at the beginning and that's it's to much paperwork to split them now. I have never been treated so rude or poorly out to eat before. I felt like we were in a comedy movie bc that's how over the top rude and ridiculous this was. Unreal! These servers need to retire if they hate there job or don't know how to treat paying customers. FYI our bill came to 74 dollars for lunch so it's not like we weren't spending any money here. Their loss. Never returning here and deff going to let our resort know how we were treated so they don't send any more guests there. Goodluck and be prepared to be tarted like garbage.

1  Thank Angelajenny32
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We ate here twice during a recent stay in the Jupiter area. In our opinion the "Reef Grill" offers some of the best seafood around. Sure the place is in a strip center and doesn't offer much ambience but the food and service is why you would visit the reef. We find the prices quite reasonable both for the food and drinks. We really enjoy the grilled fish and the tuna tartar is one of our favorites.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I went to Captain Charlies while on vacation in West Palm Beach for an early dinner with my family. There were six of us plus a young baby and they couldn't have been nicer to us. They got the baby set up in a high chair and set-up a plastic area so she could put food on the table. Multiple staff members came by and interacted with her. We ended up getting just a bunch of appetizers so we could experience as much of their Seafood as possible. The food was delicious. It certainly isn't fine dining but it was a real local experience. I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank James M
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We dinned here our first night on Singer Island. The place was jumping and we had about a 30 minute wait outside which was about how long it took to read the menu. Great daily specials. I had Cobia in a Lemon butter sauce in pasta and it was fantastic. My husband had a broiled fish with black beans and rice which was not as successful so we switched meals. I'd ask the waitress for her recommendations as they really know what they are talking about. Good wine selection and a nice dish of complimentary cole slaw. It was a little pricey for the ambiance, but they clearly know how to prepare good, fresh, in season fish. Oh and don't skip the key lime pie. All desserts are made in house and are very reasonable for the portion size. An overall great night that I would rate a 4.5.

1  Thank RubyDo1956