“Keeps drawing us back”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Keeps drawing us back”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We have lived from Jupiter to Jensen Beach on Florida's East Coast, primarily in jupiter. We started going to the original Captain Charlie's over twenty years ago when it was only a small restaurant in the present strip mall. The owners have not changed in all those years and although the menu may have changed somewhat, it is still the go to place in Juno Beach.

The portions are fairly large, even for appetizers, which incidentally we always just order two each and share. Sometimes we will stick with some old favorites and most times try new selections. Ross has always featured good wines of a varied selection of types and sources, this time it was no different Mt.Veeder Cab for me and a Pinot Noir for my wife.

Fish Tacos brimming with fresh fish, chunks of Grouper with a combination of black beans and salsa. Tuna Spring Role for my wife and Ahi Tuna done in a Blueberry surround, wonderful round it off always with whatever cobbler they have as a special, and you have a perfect evening meal.

We have declared to visit here more often even if it is a couple of hours round trip.

• Visited June 2013

Snellville, Georgia, United States
“Great food”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was an excellent lunch. A hole in the wall that is a diamond in the ruff. This is the lunch place not the dinner place. Service is great.

Visited June 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“By Day or Night, LOVE IT!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went by once when traveling through and found it on tripadvisor. Now go every darn time I'm in a 50 mile radius. I mean seriously, they make their own ice cream (so save room). Wine list is fabulous. They even made my pickiest friend happy which believe me, was such a relief.

My favorite thing to do is sit at the bar and watch them cook while the bartender sets you up with a few wine/food parings. It's a local joint that goes by Captain Charlies by day and then moves down the plaza 3 doors to morph into Reef Grill by night. Don't miss this one - you will be thrilled!

• Visited January 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Great seafood”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I was recommended this place by several locals for the best seafood.
It's a simple lay out restaurant, nothing fancy, simple decor and furniture but the warm friendly service and top notch quality fish is why they consistently are a full house all weekend!
The menu is a little overwhelming (in a good way) as there is so much to choose from and such diverse dishes to cater for all taste buds!
I ordered an appetizer with a small side and found that was enough, portions are very generous! I dined with 3 other friends, all whom enjoyed their meals thoroughly.
I would definitely come back and also recommend this restaurant to all.

• Visited May 2013
Loudonville
“Unexpected Pleasure”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was soooo glad our bartender recommend this place, we found it to be AWESOME !! The seafood was very fresh and tasty and we just loved the people and the atmosphere of the little home town fishing type bar. Perfectly priced, not a real fancy place I would consider it a HIDDEN JEWEL. It's not easy to find, but we highly recommend this place ! Try the scallop brochetta - that was my favorite !

• Visited May 2013