“Worth Trying” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Osaka Japanese Restaurant

Osaka Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 105 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Good for: Families with children
Description: A nice habachi place, and a great sushi restaurant.
“Worth Trying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

My group of 4 arrived early for dinner and we each tried a different Hibachi entrée - shrimp, chicken, scallops & filet mignon. Good entree portion & great taste, BUT our meal started with weak soup, small salad with a pale pink mayo dressing, no ginger sauce and no Chinese tea. Plated we had noodles, fried rice, small portion of vegetables, 2 shrimp & then our entrée choice. As the next large group of customers came into the tappan table area, it became VERY noisy. Our waitress and chef were easy going and made our visit enjoyable. On the way out, they have Asian hard candy that has a unique taste.

• Visited June 2014

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“The best of Osaka would be a light-up tree outside.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We usually go to Naiya Restaurant or Ra Sushi, however we thought we should try a newly opened restaurant. I did not like it. I went very, very basic - terriyaki salmon. My salmon was grilled to dry. Terriyaki mayo-glazed was too sweet. My soup was one of the tasteless I have ever had. My green tea was ok:) Our waitress was not familiar with the menu. In the end I went to see restrooms and their cleanness was poor. This new restaurant in PSL we will be avoiding.

2 Thank Tahtisade
“Soft Open of Osaka”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Visited this past Monday for a late, late lunch early dinner. Bar not yet open as liquor license was still pending. Beautiful decor, full sushi bar and hibachi table room. We were the only customers at this odd hour of the day so we had a hibachi table all to our own. My significant other ordered a sushi item at the hibachi table as a pre cursor to dinner. It was a nice presentation and only $6. We both ordered a filet dinner. It came with soup, salad, AND fried rice. We added a side order of shrimp sauté as the dinner only included two pieces of shrimp. The chef was very friendly and did the typical tappan table routine while preparing our dinner. The filet was grilled to perfection and was an ample serving. My only complaint was that the chop sticks are of very low quality as they were somewhat warped and did not provide an appropriate mating, and the fried rice is plated rather than served in an appropriate bowl. The "excuse" from the chef for plating the fried rice rather than presenting it in a proper bowl, was that everyone wants to mix their rice with everything else which is nonsense. Present it in a bowl so I can eat it with chop sticks. Let ME decide if I want to dump it on my plate. All in all the service was very attentive, the food was of high quality, and the atmosphere was first class. We will return and likely become reglulars, EVEN if I have to bring my own bowl!

1 Thank Robert B
Palm City, Florida
“Wish them all the best...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

The restaurant decor is beautiful. It has a south beach vibe. There is a Hibachi area, sushi bar and regular seating. Not sure if they will have a full bar but they will begin serving Sake soon. The service was attentive. Our favorite dishes was MT Fuji & tiger roll. The fried rice was lacking seasoning but We will go back! We truly hope they make it. It's worth checking out.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank NPC07
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Needs some work on Sauces”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

My Wife & I went out to lunch at this Brand new Restaurant. The dipping sauces were all the wrong flavor (kind of a mayonnaise flavor for the mustard sauce and the steak sauce tasted like A1 flavor to it. The salad dressing tasted like 1000 island with a dash of ginger added. Also the chairs are way too short for the Teppanyaki Tables, either the tables are too high or the chairs are way to short. I'm almost 6 foot tall.
*** On the flip side the Service was superb and the Chef presented a very good show. We will possibly try it again in a few months after they practice with the sauces to make it authentic

3 Thank Ed J