“I Love this place”

Orlando, FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I Love this place”
Reviewed May 5, 2011

This is some of the best cajin food outside New Orleans. I always go there when I visit the area. They make the best linguine and white clam sauce I've ever eaten!!! The staff is great and I can't wait to visit again

• Visited June 2010
1 Thank GAR6704

Cave Creek, Arizona
“The menu descriptions are better than the food”
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Reading the menu, this restaurant sounds like it'll be wonderful. Then the food comes out and it's back to reality. I debated whether to rate the food as average or below average. I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I figured part of the reason I was so disappointed was becase the descriptions led me to expect something really good.

They have all the Nawlins favorites. We tried a few of them on separate visits and none were any better than average. If you want to be safe, order the jambalaya. It's okay and tastes like it should. The only problem with it was the lack of the main meat ingredients, shrimp and sausage.

There are better options in Jensen Beach.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank SalfromIL
Suffield, CT
“They need new management”
Reviewed February 11, 2011

The place has the foundation of an awesome, thriving restaurant and that's about all. The food was completely cold even though there were only two of us at the table, overcooked and not even flavorful. The green beans and beer were honestly my favorite part, as I left my mahi on the plate. Don't waste your $ until someone else who knows what they're doing takes over. Much better when I ate here several years ago.

Port St Lucie, Fl
“Atmosphere is all they have.”
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Beautiful nice night that Mother Nature gave us. and thats it. Craw daddy's food just absolutely sucks. period. Don't go here if u ever expect a good meal. We should have ordered a Domino's Pizza and went to the beach. Whoever owns this place need to sell it to someone who gives a damn. The crab cakes tasted like fried tuna fish from a can. The Louisiana BBQ shrimp is frozen shrimp in canned tomatoes. We left our doggy bag there because I happen to like my dogs. Maybe I'll eat my dogs food when I get home.. Don't waste your time. This place SUCKS. Watch kitchen nightmares....you might learn something. never going back.

• Visited February 2011
Sanibel Island, Florida
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

After reading the reviews and my love for lousiania food, I traveled up to Jensen beach to give this place a shot.. At first sight I was in love.. The music was great, the atmosphere was too.. Waitress was good.. I started off with the frog legs, not to bad I was not wowed..my wife started off with a cup of gumbo.. It didn't taste like anything I have ever had before.. They do not make a roux it's like a broth.. It had decent flavor but far from lousiania style. My wife ordered the special sea scalops. She said they were actually very good but the side of green beans were cold and raw... I ordered crawfish.. All I can say is horrible.. I assume they seam them which is a first for me. And they Roos them in what taste like crystal hot sauce mixed with butter and minced garlic.. The crawfish them selves had no flavor and tasted like the muddy water they come from. I don't believe they even purge them first. All in all if your not used to authentic lousiana food you may like there style of cooking but I did not.. It deff has the atmosphere of bourbon street but without the taste. And paprika on every plate was tacky. I would go back but only for the music and drinks not for the food.

• Visited January 2011