“Hidden Gem of a restaurant!”

Dolphin Bar & Shrimp House
Ranked #11 of 113 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2017

This restaurant not only had amazing food, but very rich history too. Hidden in between Sewall's Point and Jensen Beach on Indian River Drive; this restaurant is truly everything Florida. It sits on the edge of the Indian River overlooking everything East Coast Florida is.

I sat at the outside bar to enjoy great weather and views. The service was outstanding and the food was just as good. The majority of the patrons seemed to be local or "snowbirds". I overheard a woman telling the bartender that she'd been frequenting the restaurant since she was a child. I'm guessing she was in her 50's.

If you are looking for freshest seafood and a great variety on the menu, this is an excellent choice.

Reviewed November 16, 2017

Our conference evening-out went here and everyone seemed to love it. Excellent menu and wine list. Food was very good and plentiful. I was amazed that one waitress provided good service. Evening dinner so no real views, but not important as our hotel was on the beach nearby with plenty of views. This rather far from our home, but will remember it and return when appropriate.

Reviewed November 15, 2017

Recommended .. Family night out on vacation .. slightly off beaten path .. also went after dark so you really couldn't see anything .. from what I could see .. nice decor inside and out (mostly) .. I ordered bacon wrapped shrimp .. both overcooked and bacon somewhat burnt .. Family member ordered Shrimp N Grits .. very unappealing and strange tasting ... looked more like "pig slop" ..I grew up in New York City . 30+ years ... family in Europe still has farms and raise farm animals ... so I know what slop looks like ... can't verify taste... but this just didn't taste very appetizing... Filet Mignon was covered with a very distasteful sauce ...Hoidy Toidy place it seems .. you can tell who the locals / regulars are .. they received excellent service and treatment ... waitress was slightly aloof and was not too responsive to our requests or needs ... forgetting simple things ... I'm never one to request much out of the ordinary .. but how difficult is it for a drink refill or lemon for your seafood order .. still all in all ... bill was over $170.00 .. and I still left a 20% cash tip ... also the place was NOT crowded .. enjoyed many restaurants on our week vacation that make this place not worth patronizing again ..Been to many upscale restaurants in my years that have exquisite menu selections ... this .. as far as I'm concerned ... is not one of them

Dustin S, General Manager at Dolphin Bar & Shrimp House, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We pride ourselves on delivering great service and food that are both appealing to taste and visual presentation. Unfortunately, it seems that expectations were not met during your visit and we will be sure to address these issues in the proper manner. If there are any other details that you feel we should know about from your visit, please call (772)-781-5236 and ask for Dustin. Again, we thank you and hope to earn a return visit from you in the future!

Dustin S | General Manager

Reviewed November 14, 2017

the restaurant has alot of history and has a nice island vibe to it. We all ordered seafood, the food was fresh and delicious. There were alot of specialty rum drinks. Mid range price and good value. Save some bread and feed the fish off the dock, the water is swarming with them.

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

I️ visited this restaurant in October with guests from out of town. We sat on the covered porch. The atmosphere was great, the service was pleasant and very attentive to all our needs. The food was very good. Better than I️ remember it from last year so I️ think they have made some improvements in the kitchen. Overall it was a great experience. Will definitely be back.