“Great Food - but WAY OVERPRICED!”

Dolphin Bar & Shrimp House
Ranked #5 of 106 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Food - but WAY OVERPRICED!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

As we've been told on several occasions while vacationing at Jensen Beach, this is the "off season" for the area. Lots of places are closed, but the Dolphin Bar & Grill was open. We opted to eat here after the preferred restaurant was closed on Monday evening. The food was excellent and plenty of portions. However, as a party of 5, our bill was on the high side at $205. One person had a single glass of wine while the remaining 4 had water.

Shrimp portions were large. Scallops were wonderful. All had some, if not a lot, they could not eat. View was wonderful. Maybe 4-5 other parties present so seating was immediate.

3 Thank HarleyDad10

Orlando, Florida
“Yummy!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The food was delicious. I like the ambiance and the service. We were a party of 8 and everyone enjoyed the experience. Will definitely go back!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank E3030
Stuart
“Gorgeous location, horrible food”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Another one of these restaurants getting away with serving inferior food because of their gorgeous view. Dinning room is crowded and noisy, a bit tired but that's ok, specially if you are lucky to get a table on the covered deck. For dinner I ordered one of the house specialties, a sea bass over spinach.. My friends all ordered various meat entrees, which came way overcooked, with a pile of mash potatoes or greasy fried potatos. My sea Bass, a very small piece of it, was an over boiled bland piece of fish thrown over a handfull of spinach salad straight out of the bag. Another handfull of shredded carrots out of the bag, and voila! this is your entree at Dolphin.Dressing? a little bit of oil. I sent it all back asking nicely for a little bit of taste, and it came back, with some spices on top of the same fish.. these people have no idea that the standard in restaurants have changed since the 70's and have never watch even a cooking show.
my advice, get there for a drink and skip dinner..

Visited June 2014
BradLatif, Manager at Dolphin Bar & Shrimp House, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Mariwood - I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would also like to apologize for the fact your Chilean sea bass did not exceed your expectations. Chilean sea bass is on of my favorite cuts of fish and I understand how frustrating it is when its not up to par. We take great pride in the food we serve and appreciate hearing when we need to improve. I would love to hear more feed back from you if you'd like to take the time to call me. Our office number is 772-781-5236. Please ask for Brad. Thank you
New York City, New York
1,036 restaurant reviews
“great view and food to match”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We have been there a number of times and despite not allowing reservations on Saturday we still go. The view from this historic building is amazing and they have about the bet salad bar around.Their preparation of shrimp are excellent and although service may be a tad slow in hectic times we all have a good time there. Best if you go early to avoid longr waits but the drinks are served in a wonderful bar.

2 Thank Allan S
The Villages, FL
“Lovely View while Dining”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This was the first time I had been there for awhile. My first visit was when Frances Langford owned it. We ordered the dolphin dip for an appetizer. It was very good. My friend and I had the frog legs, good, but we both thought they were breaded to heavily. My husband tried the swordfish special and thought it was great. We all shared a piece of key lime pie. Our waitress was terrific and lots of fun. The salad bar is well worth the $3.59 extra. Most meals run between $18 and $30.

1 Thank Connie S