“Fantastic Dinning Experience !”
Review of 11 Maple Street

11 Maple Street
Ranked #8 of 105 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Canton, Ohio
“Fantastic Dinning Experience !”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This a one of the best restaurant dining experiences you can have for a special occasion or just a romantic night out for dinner. We started out with a glass of wine and a small plate of crostini of rare seared tuna nicoise. Followed by a warm escarole salad, with crispy calamari, fennel, white beans, parmesan. Then a large plate of wild Oregon king salmon pan seared with guajillo bbq, conch fried rice, lemon aioli. For desert we had key lime pie infused creme brûlée which was the perfect finish to a fantastic dinner. Our server,John,was great, service was excellent and his description of each menu choice made it very easy to decide what to order. We will definitely be back again.

• Visited July 2014

“Fabulous!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I dined here for our anniversary and we couldn't have picked a better place. We chose to sit outside and I'm so glad we did. It was a Wednesday night so it wasn't too busy and we basically had the whole outside to ourselves. Being that the restaurant is set in a very old house we felt like we had our own private dining experience. I have read some reviews about people complaining about the bugs outside but we did not have this experience and well it's Florida that happens. There was a nice breeze coming off the river so heat or bugs were not an issue for us. The service was incredible, our waiter recommended some great things on the menu and gave us our space to enjoy everything and knew the right times to come out and replenish our drinks or take our plates. We had opted for the small place so we could try different things and I was very surprised at how much food you got, we had 2 plates a piece and I couldn't finish my dinner. The presentation was an experience in itself, it was almost too nice to eat but on top of all that was the taste, the chef has a knack for putting all these amazing flavors together and it Is just heaven. You will find things on the menu like skate wing, Elk and kurobuta ribs. If you want a dinning experience. I didn't find the prices were way too high but it is definitely not a place you eat at every night but more of a special occasion. The small plates ranged in price from $12 to $22 and they are more than enough food. I also heard that they do wine tastings and I would love to try that on our next visit. I highly recommend this place there is a reason they have been there for over 25 years!

Castle Rock, Colorado
“The best restaurant in the world?”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and are 'foodies', and heard about this fabulous restaurant, so on a Thursday we flew from Colorado to Ft. Lauderdale, and made the 90 minute drive down to this restaurant. On Friday and Saturday night, we sampled several (okay, most) of the small plates, and also a couple of the large plates. From calamari fritters to tuna nicoise, the best ceviche of tuna, conch, bay scallops, wahoo and salmon I have ever had, yellow tail jack and grilled salmon, provencal fisherman's stew, crispy fresh soft shell crab with guajill bbq sauce, key lime pie infused creme brulee, and my favorite dish, the sauteed Maine skatewing with bay scallops, tomatoes, capers, olives in an herbed beurre blanc sauce, it was all wonderful. Service was very good, the staff was on top of everything without being overbearing or obsequious. We don't eat meat other than seafood, so can't rate the beef, but other patrons were obviously enjoying it very much. Not sure why other reviewers didn't have the same experience. If this were in NYC or even Denver, the prices would be 3x higher and there would be a 6 month wait to get in. This is better than The French Laundry, Noma, Eleven Madison Park, or any other restaurants we have eaten at. Those chefs could all take a note from Mike Perrin, the chef at Eleven Maple. Highly recommended, just go and enjoy.

2 Thank brucemitchell108
Hollywood, Florida
“Excellent!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My fiancee took me here for dinner Saturday night as a surprise and it was wonderful! It's a very small restaurant with a limited menu, but it's done very well. We started with ceviche and the warm escarole salad. The flavors were phenomenol. Their breads are delicious. My entree was the elk, something I had never tried before, and I was quite impressed. I would definitely have it again. My fiancee had the pork ribs small plate, but it seemed like a full entree. It was also very good. Our waiter, John, was so nice and informative explaining everything on the menu with great detail so we were very informed when we finally made a decision. He also made a great wine suggestion to go with my dinner. I've read some of the other reviews on here saying that it was "pretentious". I didn't feel that way at all. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is quaint and cozy. The only thing I would say is it doesn't seem to be kid friendly, so I would leave little ones at home.

1 Thank Dawn W
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Overpriced steakhouse”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This restaurant features quality steaks a la carte. Adding side dishes results in an exorbitant cost. Pietros on the ocean, for example, serves the same quality steaks at a more reasonable price with a better view.
This establishment relies on its snob appeal to draw its clientele. I will not waste my money again.

• Visited April 2014