“Go For Lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pietro's on the Ocean

Pietro's on the Ocean
Ranked #9 of 105 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Go For Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

We visited for lunch on a Wednesday with another couple. The valet only parking was an unwelcome surprise. The venue is upscale, the service is excellent. We had large lunch salads ($16-21 each), all different, all exceptionally well prepared, all pricey but worth it. We selected a wine ($40) with which we were not familiar, suggested by the waitperson based on our general description of what qualities we liked. He was spot on. We ordered two desserts ($8 each) We sat at one of the panoramic windows on a beautiful sunny day and had a glorious view of breaking surf and blue beach cabanas. The lunch crowd was somewhat loud, elderly and well-to-do in appearance, with the outside population on an adjoining deck more active and loud than that inside. With a $25 gratuity we left about $150 poorer but very satisfied. Based on what we have read and heard I think we'll stick with lunch and no music.

1 Thank geezerkemist

Stuart, FL
“Unbeatable Ocean Views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great experience at Pietros on the Ocean. We were there Sunday for brunch for our group of 20+. The staff was efficient and courteous. They allowed enough time for everyone to mingle and enjoy some Blood Mary's and Mimosas. For the ease of the kitchen staff, we were asked to limit our selections to 3 items (we chose pancakes, Quiche and 3 egg omelets with choice of fillings) on the menu. We did this ahead of time. The food all came our at the same time (amazing!) and everyone enjoyed their meals. Our tables overlooked the ocean and the views were breathtaking! Everything was great except for a mix up on the price of the Bloody Mary's and Mimosas. We all were charged the evening price of $14 instead of the brunch menu price of $4. Our waiter corrected this error and everyone went away happy. Enjoy this place! It's a treat, complete with wonderful ship models, pictures and a saltwater aquarium which is spotless and just beautiful!

New Jesey
“Dinner at Pietros on the Ocean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Last evening my husband and I celebrated his birthday at Pietros on the Ocean. We arrived 10 minutes prior to our 6 p.m. reservation. When we walked up the ramp to the restaurant, we were greeted by very loud music and people dancing at Happy Hour, which was taking place on the deck just outside the door to the main restaurant. We thought, perhaps, the music would not be so loud inside, but we were wrong., as it was still quite loud inside. When we went inside, we were promptly seated at a table not too far from the bar area. I was somewhat disappointed that they did not have a table available in the outside room with panoramic views of the ocean; however, our table was in the corner and very private. We asked the waiter when the music was going to be over, and he said that it was just during Happy Hour, so should be stopping in a few minuted (at 6p.m.) Everytime the outside door opened, we were hit by another blast of thie extremely loud music. The music, which supposed to be over at 6:00 p.m. lasted until 6:40p.m. I feel that in an upscale restaurant of this type, the dining experience should not be diminished by having to be blasted by extremely loud music throughout half of your dinner. Some soft background music would have been much nicer and more appropriate. We wanted a nice upscale dining experience, not to feel like we were sitting in the middle of a disco or a bar.

That said, the food was very good. My husband and I both ordered the eggplant stack as an appetizer. The portions were huge, and we were sorry that we had not just ordered one and split it between us. The eggplant was so good that we ate every bit of it. For our entrees, I had the seared tuna, which was rare (as it should be) and had a wonderful crust on the outside. My husband had the duck, and was also very pleased with that. Since our appetizers were so large, we were both too stuffed to eat any dessert. I did, however, have a decafe cappucino, which was good and reasonably priced. I would also like to add that my husband had been given an expensive bottle of wine for his birthday, which we were able to bring with us to the restaurant and pay a $20 corking fee to use.

Our dining experience was certainly enhanced by the presence of our waiter, Norberto, who provided wonderful, attentive service. He was quite knowledgeable about the menu and very friendly. He is certainly an asset to the establishment.

Overall, the food and service were excellent. The noise level from the outside music was terrible. I would have given the restaurant 5 stars; however, due solely to the loud music, I must reduce my rating to a 4.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Lunch on the deck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We ate here on our last day in Hutchinson beach....wish it would have been the first day as we would have visited a couple of times! Service on the patio was great! Tiffany helped with spot on suggestions and had our two sons loving the mac and cheese! My wife had the loabster salad and loved it and I had the waygu burger! Great drinks, excellent view! They also have valet parking...pretty nice touch! We spent as much for lunch here as some other beach restaurants and wish we could have been here instead of the other places we went...it's was excellent!

We saved a little room for dessert...would recommend doing the same!

One other note...we were told at our hotel that this was not a kid friendly place....we stayed away for a couple of days...then my wife called and they were surprised by this and said that was not the case.....kids really enjoyed the food and eating outside was perfect with them....

Traverse City, MI
“Excellent dining in beautiful surroundings.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Pierto’s on the Ocean is on the beach on Hutchinson Island. The hurricane destroyed former establishment has been beautifully restored into a large and spacious dining facility. Both inside and outside options are available because of the large outdoor deck. Valet parking is available.

We started with a glass of Italian Pinot Grigo which was quite good. As a starter, we chose Lobster Bisque which was quite thin and only one small piece of lobster in the soup. I would say the Bisque was not the best I have ever had. For the main course, we chose Scallops in a wonderful sauce with Ratatouille. The dish included five very large Scallops seared just right and the sauce was wonderful. Desert was a shared Tiramisu which was excellent, quite large and two of us could not finish it. Two servers provided excellent service during our dining.

All in all, our dining experience with friends was very good although with five guests, the round table was so large it prevented easy across the table conversation.

Be prepared to spend as this is an excellent but quite expensive restaurant as our check for two with tip was well over $150. But I suspect we will return as Pietro’s is an outstanding establishment.

• 3 of 5 bubbles