“Great Chicken & Dumplings” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #39 of 105 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
“Great Chicken & Dumplings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

This area is known as the Treasure Coast of Florida and is noted for some very good restaurants, but one night we were really wanting chicken & dumplings and I suggested going to the Cracker Barrel. If you have been to one, you know that it is a family place with good country style cooking along with good service and this Barrel was no different. My wife ordered extra dumplings with a side and I ordered 2 different sides The service was really good and their food was just as advertised, really good country cooking with their chicken & dumplings being some of the best around. As we travel, if we are looking for a sit down, take a break, type place with good food, we stop a lot at the Barrel and have eaten many of their different entrees and have never had anything that wasn't good or that we didn't like. It is great to know that you can stop in a strange area and feel comfortable that you are going to get good food at a restaurant miles away from home.

• Visited April 2014

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“cracker barrel is consistant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

I love the chicken and dumplings at CB. It is always a tasty meal. the service was very good. The only disappointment is that they will not cook a hamburger steak to order - neither of us like a hockey puck which has to be resurrected with a triple dose of Heinz catsup. Our opinion is - when you are paying for something then you should get what you want.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Sub-standard meal and a poor manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have frequented this particular Cracker Barrel for years now and it's always been good but last week I experienced a less than stellar meal. I ordered their ribeye steak which I've had before and was always pretty good, but this time it was full of gristle and way too much fat. Roughly a third of the steak was inedible, which was a little too much waste in my opinion. When the waitress asked how the meal was I truthfully answered her and she said she'd speak to the manager about it. Moments later the store manager visited our table to inquire about the meal and I showed him all the waste from the steak in question and he immediately quipped, "this is what you get with a ribeye". He told us in no uncertain terms there is a lot of fat and gristle in this type of steak, which "helps give it's great flavor". He went on to tell us about the anatomy of a ribeye and why it tastes the way it does but completely failed at resolving the real issue.

It was CLEAR we were merely being blown off by the manager so I didn't argue the point (nor should a customer have to) but I know for a fact this is NOT what you typically get with a ribeye because I grill them all the time at home and the ribeye cuts I buy have NEVER been loaded with that much inedible component as their steak was.

In the end the store manager just blew us off and tried to tell us "this was normal" when I knew better - big lesson learned here. This was NOT the meal or the service I expect from Cracker Barrel and in the future I will get my steak from Longhorn Steak House where they KNOW what steak is all about and won't *LIE* about it if you should happen to receive a substandard cut. Any body can get a bad meal but it's all in how you handle it that determines the kind of restaurant you are, not to mention the kind of manager you aren't, and the Jensen Beach Cracker Barrel failed, MISERABLY.

In all the years we have frequented this restaurant this is the one and only time I have had the occasion to speak with the manager about a bad meal and THIS was the result. Very dissatisfied both in the restaurant and the so-called manager.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 70351
Sacramento
“Most Good Experience - Not Always Tho”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Generally the food and service here is good and can usually be depended on for fast service. But I've had some slow service as well. Over-all, you can't really go wrong at the Cracker Barrel.

Visited March 2014
Stuart, Florida, USA
“Good food, good value ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Clean, good food, good value. You can beat the quality and quantity of food for the money. Service is usually decent as well at this location.