“Subs are good but visit was stressful”
Review of Shakra's Deli

Shakra's Deli
Ranked #36 of 109 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Let me start off by saying I read up on the history of this deli before visiting. I have wanted to go for some time to see what all the good reviews were about. I ordered a sub and have to admit it was......delicious!!!!! Yum!!! But...the reason for the 2 star review? The server messed up my order and I could hear the owner, Jeff Shakra, yelling about the order being messed up in the kitchen. This is my very first visit and I don't know his personality. Maybe this is just how he is and he was venting? But......it made me feel very uncomfortable and I honestly felt guilty for the messed up order. I said to my co worker that I would have just eaten the original order if I was going to feel bad. :-( Like I said, subs are yummy....but I don't go out to eat to hear people getting scolded for making mistakes. Not sure when I will return.

2  Thank kjb131313

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This place has great subs and entrees, prices are extremely reasonable... atmosphere is ok, not great not bad. Food quality and value more than make up for it. I would highly recommend the roast beef either hot or cold and the meatloaf.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My friend and I love the roast beef supreme. We get it to go and head down to the IR park, sit at a table and chow down. Great view, great sandwich. There's something addictive in the gravy and melted cheese.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

If you have a yen for a sub for lunch, Shakra's serves up a nicely warmed and toasted (white sub bun only) sub sandwich that is full of meat of your choice along with fresh lettuce and tomatoes. They'll wrap it in tin foil for you to take along to the beach for a picnic. Sub and a soft drink.... $10.07 and served with a smile.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I so wanted to enjoy this place after reading the reviews. Food was mediocre, nothing special. It was clear that we would have been warmly welcomed if we were locals but weren't as tourists. We were hardly given the time of day.

Gave it three stars vs two because judging by the bulletin board on display inside the restaurant, they give much to local charities.

1  Thank kblkmw