“Waited so long for our iced tea”
Review of Chinatown Garden - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chinatown Garden
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Waited so long for the iced tea before we even had a chance to order - we just walked out. I'm saying about 10 long minutes of watching the server walk around doing basically nothing, (we were the only 2 people in the place). This is the second and last time we go to this place. First time their electric was off but they didn't know why. Curious? I think I know why. They could still serve because they cook with gas. OK but what about the refrigeration? No thanks - we left. Our friends say their food is crappy but I wouldn't know and I'll never find out. But then - I won't get sick either!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband Marty and I went to Chinatown Garden on Valentine's Day for an early dinner. Obviously we were not expecting a five star experience, though we arrived hoping for an authentic, clean, and enjoyable dinner date. Upon entering, we waited about 10 minutes before being brought to our booth behind a line of people waiting for take out. I am unsure why they all had to get their order before we were seated, but for some reason the host (the only employee seen the whole visit) insisted. However, I will say that the atmosphere seemed okay and the booths were decent. We ordered our waters, hoping to get them quickly, but received them in about 10 minutes along with a bowl of complimentary fried noodles. We ordered immediately but what we ordered escapes me. This is because we sat in the booth, along with three other couples for over an hour without ever getting our waters refilled or any sign of a waitress (except for one or two times when she assured us on food was coming "right up"). We ended up leaving the restaurant with another couple about an hour and fifteen minutes after we got there. We left hungry, thirsty, and disappointed. We will not be returning.

1  Thank Eunice H
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Had out if town guests staying with us for dinner, decided to order Chinese. Made a pretty big order, was told it would be ready in 45 min to an hour. After one and a half hours I called them, as my guests had to leave, could not wait for food any longer. I tried to talk to the owner (who spoke very little English) and to the person who took my order, to try and see if there was something they could do for us, as we just spent all this money on food that would not be able to get eaten. They told me, they are sorry they were busy, because I already paid for the food, al they could do was offer me 2 free egg rolls next time we ordered with them. So untold them there wasn't going to be a next time...wish I would have told them what I thought they could do with those egg rolls!!! Food was ok, nothing great, definitely not eating from here again... Don't appreciate how we were treated :(