“Horrible Restaurant Experience - Would not return”
Review of Chinatown Garden - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chinatown Garden
New Haven, Connecticut
“Horrible Restaurant Experience - Would not return”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband Marty and I went to Chinatown Garden on Valentine's Day for an early dinner. Obviously we were not expecting a five star experience, though we arrived hoping for an authentic, clean, and enjoyable dinner date. Upon entering, we waited about 10 minutes before being brought to our booth behind a line of people waiting for take out. I am unsure why they all had to get their order before we were seated, but for some reason the host (the only employee seen the whole visit) insisted. However, I will say that the atmosphere seemed okay and the booths were decent. We ordered our waters, hoping to get them quickly, but received them in about 10 minutes along with a bowl of complimentary fried noodles. We ordered immediately but what we ordered escapes me. This is because we sat in the booth, along with three other couples for over an hour without ever getting our waters refilled or any sign of a waitress (except for one or two times when she assured us on food was coming "right up"). We ended up leaving the restaurant with another couple about an hour and fifteen minutes after we got there. We left hungry, thirsty, and disappointed. We will not be returning.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Eunice H

“Not worth the money or time waited for food.”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Had out if town guests staying with us for dinner, decided to order Chinese. Made a pretty big order, was told it would be ready in 45 min to an hour. After one and a half hours I called them, as my guests had to leave, could not wait for food any longer. I tried to talk to the owner (who spoke very little English) and to the person who took my order, to try and see if there was something they could do for us, as we just spent all this money on food that would not be able to get eaten. They told me, they are sorry they were busy, because I already paid for the food, al they could do was offer me 2 free egg rolls next time we ordered with them. So untold them there wasn't going to be a next time...wish I would have told them what I thought they could do with those egg rolls!!! Food was ok, nothing great, definitely not eating from here again... Don't appreciate how we were treated :(

• Visited January 2014