“FANTASTIC!!! and I don't even like hotdogs!”
Review of Fredgie's Hot Dogs

Fredgie's Hot Dogs
Ranked #38 of 107 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: American
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“FANTASTIC!!! and I don't even like hotdogs!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Seven and a half years ago my son was helping me find a new home when I relocated to Port St. Lucie. We were headed north on Indian River Dr. when he slammed on the brakes and backed up - - he said "this HAS to be good" - - I thought he was nuts . . . and that's how I was introduced to my first Fredgie's hotdog! It was delicious! Now, remember, I don't care for hotdogs. Believe me, this is like no other hotdog you've ever had! You can get all the trimmings - and there are plenty - I have mine with lots of fried onions, a few jalapenos and sometimes cheese - all on a wonderful garlicky-buttery grilled roll . . yum-yum. Fredgie's has been under new ownership for about a year now . . purchased by a long time patron from the original owner when he retired - - but the hotdogs are the same. You owe yourself a trip to see first hand - - it's more fun than fancy - a real old time hot dog wagon - on Indian River Drive, just south of the causeway. Enjoy!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Elaine M

Jensen Beach, Florida
“Best Hot Dog in Martin County....”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is your basic hot dog stand. It is right on the water by the Snook Nook bait shop.

They make unreal hot dogs. They use the good Nathans weiner, grill a specially made roll that is first brushed with garlic butter....both dog and bun are grilled. Amazingly good. They have can soda and bags of chips also. The burgers are hand made, like you would do in your back yard. Very inexpensive. I think a dog is 3.50? Soda 1.00.

If you are doing a drive around Hutchenson Island stop by and wrap a few dogs in foil. The posted hours are 10 to 5 everyday. Its more like 10 to whenever...sometimes as early as 3. Closed by 4:30 most days.

Hope this helped you. Give me a "helpful" check if it did..thx.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank camperben
Elk River, Minnesota
“Irresistible grilled hot dog stand on the intercoastal”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

OK, OK I know that it's just a hot dog stand BUT, for some reason it's just irresistible! I've been going to this stand for 7 years and there's just something about pulling off Indian River Dr, getting a dog (usually 2), smothered with seasoned grilled onions on what must be considered the best, also grilled, bun in town and enjoying it on the waterfront with a cold one. All I can say is give it a try for yourself.

• Visited September 2012