The Children's Museum of the Treasure Coast
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Eh...”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We moved to this area from one that had an amazing hands on museum for children, so this smaller museum doesn't really thrill us. There are a few 'imagination' area for kids to play in (vet office, supermarket, mail room), but if the museum is busy your child will have a hard time getting to play. There is a large pirate ship that's fun to play on, but again if it's crowded you can't do much. Not really worth the 25 min trip for us to get there.

Visited June 2013

Orlando, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun for my 18 month old”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My son is 18 months old and we wanted somewhere out of the heat. We were very happy. This museum is located in a very family friendly area with a splash park, places to walk, etc. The Museum had a train, a huge pirate ship, lots of interactive displays, etc. We spent about 2 hours there (a big accomplishment with an 18 month old). It was not expensive and something that allows you to feel comfortable about your child running around and not worrying about it. Enjoy it!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank smileforred
Hartford, Connecticut
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My kids loved this. This place is great for young kids (one or two) to maybe 10 or so. I would say a twelve or thirteen year old might have fun if you were going with your younger kids too, as my husband had some fun on the pirate ship.

There are a bunch of rooms in the first part of the museum that are dedicated to different things. The grocery store room was a huge hit. They could shop, stock, and check out. The veterinarian room was also a big hit....they could look at real xrays of different animals and give stuffed animals shots...etc. There were lots more rooms too in that area. A beach room with some slides and soft things to climb on.

The biggest hit though was the GIANT pirate ship. They could load the cannon with plastic balls and shoot it off the ship. Lots of other cool things. The whole place was very intricate. Definitely worth the money on a cloudy or rainy day.

They also participate with the reciprocal museum program....because we have a membership at the kids museum near us (in connecticut), we were able to go for free. I think that deal has changed, and now its just half off or something. Pretty cool though.

Also on the other side of the museum is a small....very small...beach, that is not amazing, but there is also a splash pad that is really fun. You can really fill a whole morning or afternoon in this one little area and your kids will be so grateful.

Visited March 2013
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Great indoor entertainment for children”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I am not a fan of the Florida weather for outdoor playgrounds so I am always on the lookout for indoor play opportunities. This museum is great for the toddler-preschooler kids. My 10 month old loves the "Toddler Beach" and my 2 year old loves... everything! (his favorite is the pirate ship) It can be expensive if going regularly so we purchased the family membership which will pay for itself in just a few trips.

Right next door to the museum is a park with interactive fountains and a small beach it's easy to have a fun and affordable day trip in one place.

I do wish that they had longer operating hours, at least in the weekends.

I just made a reservation to have my children's birthday party there next month.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank bandora
Stuart, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The Children's Museum”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

A fun place for children to learn and play for the kids in your life. A very nice place to visit mulitiple times.

Visited June 2012