“Excellent lil find”

Dining options: Reservations
San Diego, California
“Excellent lil find”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We called ahead about an hour and were able to get in before 6:30, after we arrived the place filled up quickly.

Quaint, beach decor with amazing food. See photos.

Scallops encrusted w/ coconut fresh veggies, plenty of food.
Pan seared ahi over a bed of seaweed, outstanding!

Service was excellent.

Would recommend.

“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Excellent food and service. Went there based on the reviews and were not disappointed. It is small, so we made reservations and were seated right away. Highly recommend.

Visited April 2013
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
“Water and Key West Style Restaurant”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This restaurant is located in a gated community and it is intimidating when approaching the guard house to a residential community, but they are very polite and give you a pass to the marina where the restaurant is located. This community has a variety of housing from a trailer to a double wide trailer, 2 story homes, motor homes etc.
The restaurant is in the marina section, that contain several businesses that cater to the community. The setting of the restaurant is as close to the boats as you can get, some of the boats are living quarters for vacationers in Florida for the winter. We did not have reservations but where able to get a table over looking the marina.
The staff very friendly, the place has a feel of Key West, upon seating we ordered a couple of beverages, they only serve beer and wine, besides soft drinks. The hostess informed us of the
specials of the evening. After reviewing the menu we settle for the Crab cakes and Osso Bucco, The crab cakes where large with chunks of crabs, they where excellent. The Osso was a large piece of meat standing on top of mashed potatoes with a rich tomato base sauce. The meat was tender and the potatoes where done perfectly. My wife kept on stealing my meal and hers was also excellent.
The service was also very good, through out the meal they where always checking on us not one but all of the staff. The owner was a little upset with staff as some where late reporting to work, but did not stop him to check on us.
The view is wonderful, we got there about 5pm and by 6:30 there was a line forming outside for a non-reservation table, they have a following of mostly retired people, so a reservation is recommended. Prices are on the high side but you are getting quality. Excellent meal and atmosphere.

Lebanon, New Hampshire
“Windy Day , good food”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We drove a little out of our way to find this place but it was well worth the effort. The wait staff were quick and friendly, The food was excellent. We had the all you can eat fish fry and almost didn't have enough room for desert. We will drop by again if we are in the area. Reservations should be made before hand this is a busy little restaurant.

Jensen Beach, FL
“Rating based on the terrible service... not the food!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Found this restaurant probably around a year ago and since we discovered it, my husband and I go every couple of weeks, we enjoy the food very much! We usually go for dinner, once for lunch. I wanted to share the lunch experience with two of my friends today. I bragged about this place to them. Sadly, this will probably be the last time I ever come into this restaurant again! The waitress staff is an atrocious choice with the exception of one woman. The lady who was our waitress today acted like she was troubled and had an attitude problem when my friends (who have never been to this restaurant before) would ask questions about the menu. The questions were simple, but she kept going back and forth to the kitchen, we could overhear everything she said. Even when she made comments about our table being annoying?!!! It was only three questions! Each time she would walk away to grab us drinks or go to the kitchen, which was often, she would vanish?! One of my friends commented on how she kept touching her face piercing, fixing her eye jewerly multiple times or rubbing her nose constantly. Not only was it unpleasant but my friends saw this and it was disgusting!!! She didn't even wash her hands. It wasn't a busy lunch and she was gone for constant periods of time. I went to use the restroom and saw her smoke a cigarette and now on her cellphone. The food was great! I really liked this place and I hope for the restaurants sake that the waitress staff is really considered. Nobody wants to be treated rude or be talked about while dining. -Beth

• Visited January 2013