“Good Food / Misleading Menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Olympic Taverna - CLOSED

Olympic Taverna
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Good Food / Misleading Menu”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The food and service at the Olympic Taverna are great but be aware of two things: (1) the menu is misleading in that it offers chile for $2 extra but doesn't tell you that it is a substitution for the salad or soup that comes with the meal -- you wind up paying $3.50 instead of $2 and (2) sometimes a belly dancer will appear out of nowhere and display her assets at your table -- even if you have pre teen age children at that table.

• Visited January 2014

“Love this restaurant”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is my favorite place to eat. The food is always good. And the service is excellent. Make sure you order the flaming cheese!!

• Visited December 2013
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Awesome Greek Food. Nice Decor and Great Greek Food.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending a week on the island of Crete about two years ago. Like most people I'm sure, when I go to an ethnic restaurant I want traditional foods. iI have been to Olympic Taverna several times and it has never let me down. My favorites there are the gyro's and the gyro platters. Today I got the gyro platter which comes with either beef or chicken. I chose beef. The gyro bread is on the side and toasted nicely The beef is thin, moist and very tasty. The sauce for the gyro is kind of a yogurt based and very delicious. The meal comes with a choice of Greek salad or soup as well as a choice of lemon roasted potatoes, vegetable or rice pilaf. An excellent meal at a reasonable price.

This place was a Wendy's years ago and when the Olympic Taverna took over they did a complete remodel. The pillars are of a type that look like ancient Greece. The walls are painted like ancient Greece.

The place has a professional belly dancer once or twice a week. Very authentic.

They have what appears to be a full bar but I am not much of a drinker. I have never seen many people sitting at the bar. I don't know if they have a happy hour or any bar specials.

This is a nice place for a great meal at a reasonable price. Nice atmosphere and good service.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Flybob6334580
Miami Beach, Florida
“Excellent experience!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We got lost trying to find another restaurant and settled for this one. We lucked out. I had the very healthy special of the day, which was Greek chicken on rice with zucchini and fresh tomatoes in lemon/garlic sauce. Fresh and excellent. I had to take most of it home because of the large portion. My husband had a maki maki wrap. He raved about it. Next time we travel to Jensen Beach we will definitely stop here.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ChrisSoBe
“Really good Greek food!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Went to the palm city location for lunch yesterday (usually go to saint lucie west location) and had a great meal. Got the medetrieanan wrap and for dessert had this amazing homemade eclair cake. Literally the best dessert I've had in a longggg time. They also have an amazing gyro platter and Greek salad. Reasonably priced and good service too. If you like Greek food you can't go wrong here.

• Visited August 2013