“Wow. So much better than expected!!”
Review of Olympic Taverna - CLOSED

Olympic Taverna
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Being from Connecticut, have some great Greek food. I was so pleasantly surprised when I ordered take out from Olympic Taverna. The spanikopita was amazing - lots of flavor and light and delicious. The Greek salad is fantastic - great olives and feta. The best part was my gyro sandwich - the meat was perfectly seasoned and the pita was amazing!!! Totally ordering from here as much as possible!!!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at this establishment numerous times, we also have a loyalty card, and this was the first time that we had anything negative to say. We both ordered the Gyro with the Greek salad [our favorite item on the menu and the reason we drove from Fort Pierce]. The salad was extremely gritty like the lettuce had not been washed. We complained and the waitress took away the salads and returned some minutes later with new ones, " a fresh batch of salad mix" she said... but it too was gritty, though not as bad as the first salads. She offered us something else, and I tried the Roasted Potatoes [ these tasted like left-over baked potatoes ] which I did not like either. The Gyros had the same gritty lettuce on them also. We will try again much later

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been coming here since the restaurant first opened. Used to be a Wendy's - at least the chili would be better.

Food has gone downhill since it opened. This time we went for lunch. Wanted just a sandwich. Wife had the Gyro --their signature oh so dry. The poor lamb was cooked to death.

I had a chili and a sandwich. The chili -- I have been to 80+ countries and have tried chili in many places. I have never had chili as bad as here. Consistency -- like that of re fried beans, no meat, salty and with a glob of cheese (I think) floating on top.

Service well the salad and chili came out and no sooner than we take one bite did the meal come out.

Not coming back for sure...

Reviewed January 20, 2013

When we walked in, this place looked great. It was attractive, smelled good, looked busy. The menu had lots of good choices at reasonable prices. The waiter was attentive and food came out quickly. We had good salads and gyros with very flavorful meat. It might have been very good except for the "entertainment". The music was loud and very Euro club sound with thumping bass. I went with my son, who also complained about the bad loud music. It made it almost impossible to converse without shouting. When our food came, the music got louder, and out came a woman in a bikini sized outfit with tu tu material on the hips and finger cymbals. She wiggled around the room "dancing" to this thumping club music. I hate to sound mean, but we both agreed her level of talent and fitness was not up to the task. We started gobbling our food as the thumping music and clinking cymbals and woman gyrating around was enough to cause anxiety and finally I suggested we wrap our food up, leave cash on the table and scram. That's what we did, handing the waiter money as soon as he brought the check and taking the food in paper napkin to avoid waiting for a to go box! I don't know what the management was thinking, but we did not expect or want that added extra with our meal. It drove us from an otherwise nice place, almost certainly never to return, unless its for take out! One of the most bizarre dining experiences I have ever had.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Four of us stopped in for dinner on a Friday night. The restaurant was crowded which is always a good sign. We were seated and a server immediately came to take drink orders and give us menus. A large group came in to celebrate a birthday and were seated in an a part of the restaurant that was set up for them. We each ordered something different and we all loved our meals. They make a wonderful Greek salad and lemon soup. Just as we were finishing up, we were surprised by a belly dancer who was absolutely charming.