“Usually excellent, about 1 in 10 visits are so so.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tony Roma

Tony Roma
Ranked #24 of 105 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Branch of Tony Roma's restaurant chain in Jensen Beach, Florida.
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Usually excellent, about 1 in 10 visits are so so.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I frequently go on dates to Tony Romas. We ask for booth 46. It is in the back around the corner in a quiet aclove not visible to the rest of the dining room. I usually get the Filet Medallions in the mushroom burgundy glaze with the half rack of Orig. Flavor BBQ sauce. The Baby Backs are really good 90% of the time.

On occasion we will get an inattentive server. This usually means the whole experience goes down hill. When is great, its great 9 out of 10. When its bad, well the food is cold or not cooked properly and I was about to put in a missing person report for he wait staff.

Really though, this can happen anywhere when they get in the weeds and the server is sub par or just having a really bad night. Overall the food the vast majority of the time is really great. Im a really picky eater. I really notice food quality, preperation and presentation. I am almost always pleased and have a great time.

Look in the paper and mail for really great coupons too. Lots of two fers and specials.The loaded mash potatoes, homemade bread / garlic butter, Filet Medallions and half rack plater in my usual.

One time my wife got he flat bread pizza. It looked great on the menu but came out like soggy cardboard with pizza goo smeard on it. Would avoid that particular dish. The other I have tried are all great.

Hope you find this review usefull and please give me a "Helpful" check if it was....Thanks!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank camperben

Colorado
“Great food & drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

We have come here for dinner and for happy hour. All of our meals have been good. We travel a lot and I had the best Mahi Mahi here since I lived in Hawaii. Their ribs are consistently good. They have a lot of Tasty drinks as well. The musicians that entertain here are usually the worst part of our evening as they tend to be off beat but it always makes for a laugh later. This is not Ruth's Chris Steakhouse so don't expect to get that type of dining experience here. The price is very appropriate for the food. Would recommend.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Superb food, service, atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We've eaten here several times since they opened both at the dining room and the bar. Both areas are the same superb food and service. Price is also pretty reasonable for this quality. Of course their ribs are the best part of the menu but my wife doesn't eat red meat and she's always satisfied too. This restaurant has the best happy hour in the area also. Great prices on name brands you recognize for mixed drinks, superb deals on appetizers, and the best atmosphere in the world with the piano player Jack taking requests all evening. The music is even perfect, high quality, and loud enough to hear/enjoy but also still permits conversation. There are about 10 high top 4 person tables and one large 10 seat table plus the bar. It fills up quickly so get there as soon as you can close to 5 or the bar may be full.

What else can I say? We've been there 10 times or so sometimes just the wife and me and sometimes with friends. We love this place!

Vancouver, Canada
“EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We travel a lot all around the world but we havent seen lovely, kind a manager like Mr. Jim Cone.
Also restaurant was very clean( especially restroom was smelling nice) , waitress was so kind and always smiling. Food was really really perfect. We love it. I give %100 guarantee you will like it !!!!

I hope the restaurant will be the best restaurant at Trip Advisor.

We are from Turkey if I had a chance I would go there again.
Best wishes all of you

Fort Pierce, Florida
“Terrible food and atmosphere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had stopped here several times when they first opened and enjoyed a drink in the bar and a great bar appetizer, potato skins with mac and cheese! After that we had dinner there a couple of times and the food was just okay and overpriced for what we got. A couple of months ago we sat in the packed bar, happy hour all the time, and struggled for service and had to send the potato skins back twice. Went again on my birthday for dinner. Ahi tuna was overcooked and fatty. My wife's steak was overcooked and my ribs were so overcooked, they were dry. Our service was good, but because we kept answering the server that the meal was just okay, he didn't even bother to offer us dessert. Can you overcook dessert? The dining room had the live piano player in the bar piped in through the sound system. Couldn't hear the music, just his above average voice and occasional conversation with the bar crowd. We've taken this place off our list.

• 2 of 5 bubbles