All reviewsmaster bedroomactivity centerocean fronttime shareping pongwasher dryerfull kitchenlarge balconyall agesrelaxing vacationcorner unitolder buildinggreat tripliving areahutchinson islandbring your ownwrap around balcony
Reviewed June 1, 2008

Just returned from a weekend stay at this wonderful place. The only downside was we couldn't stay longer. We had an oceanfront room and the view was amazing. We could listen to the waves at night even with the doors closed. From the moment we walked in we were in heaven. The front desk staff was beyond helpful. They answered every question we had about local attractions and places to eat. They even had menus of all the local resteraunts. If you are looking for a truly relaxing vacation this is the place to go. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank busyathome21
Reviewed April 18, 2008

My Family is staying here at the Vistana's Beach Club as I write this review. I'm writing this from the living room of the 2 bed 2 bath Condo.
We arrived on Sunday at 10 pm. Check in was a breeze, very quick and the people here were very helpful. We were given a beautifuil 9th floor ocean front room. It's very large and clean . 2 full bedrooms, one with a KIng bed the other has 2 twin beds. The condo also has a pullout couch (queen). Two bathrooms, one with a giant sunken tub. Full kitchen, didning area and living room. Grantie countertops, kohler fixtures, Sony HDTV, Bose DVD sound system. WOW is all I Can say. Super large balcony with table, 4 chairs and a lounger. It is very very close to the ocean with a great view.....
The pool is not real large, but heated and it gets less crowed later in the afternoon. The resort also has gas grills for use by the guests.
The ocean is wonderful... the only real compliant is that the beach is a bit narrow having suffererd quite a bit of erosiion as of late. You can rent beach chairs for 3.00 per day( we went to Walmart and bought some for 9.00 ..)
We had a very relaxing time and will be sorry to leave on Sunday.
If you are looking for a quiet beach vacation , this is the place....

Stayed: April 2008
3  Thank newred5
Reviewed November 22, 2007

We stayed on the top (8th) floor in the newer building with ocean view suites as a timeshare exchange. Did not get off to a good start as we were advised that the one and only elevator was going to be completely shut down for at least 48 hours. Staff offered to move us to a lower floor, but that is not what we came for! Did not appreciate their attitude: defensive and argumentative. As well, the resort chose this time to prune their palm trees, resulting in a lot of chainsaw noise and a lot of dirt/debris from falling palm fronds. While I am on my negative pitch I also did not like the lack of internet access in suite, the lack of shampoo/conditioner and the soft bed. Finally, the kitchen could be better equipped with such things as microwavable bowls and lids. I guess the more timeshares one stays at, the more one expects that they will all offer the same standard of service.

Having said all that, we still enjoyed our stay! Our two-bedroom suite was spacious, well-decorated, in good condition with new appliances including a washer/dryer. We had a good view of the ocean from our balcony and the windows are set up to give a good cross breeze. We loved the large walk-in showers and the good linens and towels. The mid-week cleaning was a bonus. Because of the way the building is set up we enjoyed sunrise from our balcony and sunset and the intracoastal from our front door. Except for the bedrooms, the suite flooring is ceramic tile rather than carpet, which we feel is much cleaner in a rental property. Yes the beach is narrow and extremely windy but we understand the whole coastline is having erosion problems (good reason to rent rather than buy).

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank t42
Reviewed November 11, 2007

My family and I stayed @ the Vistana's Beach Club for the first time, and thought that the service recieved was absolutely FABULOUS!!!!

The condo's were immaculate, and the girls @ the front desk were great!! We especially enjoyed the help from Sharon, and Mary!!!

It is nice to feel @ home when you are on vacation, and it is even more pleasant to have "coffee and a smile" first thing in the morning!!!

Great place to go for time away!

Stayed: October 2007
6  Thank caper78
Reviewed August 29, 2007

This was the second time staying at the Vistana. There are two buildings on this property. One has ocean front rooms the other is located behind it with ocean view rooms. I stayed in the building with the ocean front view so most comments are directed about this building.. The buildings are separated by a pool between the buildings. There is ample parking with limited parking areas directly beneath both buildings. Check-In is located in the building closest to the beach. Almost all activities are performed at the pool or in the building with the ocean view rooms which also houses the activity center.

Check-In was easy and took at the most ten minutes. We were supplied with information about the resort, an activity sheet, with many activities throughout each day, and the keys to our room for our week long stay. Luggage carts are available in the parking areas under each building. There is only one elevator and at times can fill up. I only had minimum delays getting between floors.

When I entered the room I found it to be very clean and all updated. The view from my room was great with a balcony outside the living room. The kitchen had all new appliances and the living room with new furnishings. There was also a 42" LCD television and a Bose entertainment center. There was a also a large Jacuzzi in the master bedroom.

The resort offers many activities, such as pool side movie night where they set up a large screen by the pool and project a movie. Ice cream floats where you can get out of the sun and enjoy an ice float at certain times and many other pool activities.

I had a great time here. I came relax, have fun with the family in a secure environment. and that's what I received. The beach area when I was there was not as wide as I would like and I felt like I was in high tide for a majority of the time there. This resort as with the area seems to cater more to the family. I only had one problem while I was there which required me to call the front desk. The front desk called maintenance and the problem was resolved in minimum time. The beach is uncrowded, the staff was very friendly and the rooms clean and updated.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank Honorablebob