All reviewsmaster bedroomactivity centerocean fronttime shareping pongwasher dryerfull kitchenlarge balconyall agesrelaxing vacationcorner unitolder buildinggreat tripliving areahutchinson islandbring your ownwrap around balcony
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Arrived on Friday, August 30 for a family party in Port St. Lucie and stayed over Labor Day weekend. Rooms were well appointed and clean. Staff was friendly. We also had other family members stay at the Vistana. We would all stay there again it was excellent.

1  Thank Debbie M
chris_egan, General Manager at Vistana Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review about Vistana’s Beach Club. We’re pleased to read the rooms were clean and our team members took gracious care of you. I am sure we will see you and your family members back at Vistana’s Beach Club soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed in this beautiful time share style room for 3 nights at the end of August! The room was super clean, and the service was wonderful. The staff is so friendly. That is very important to me! When you are away you love to get the smiles and friendly replies to questions and inquires. Ariel was super sweet and helped us to the room with our luggage, telling us how great the place is and how he loves working there! He started us off on a great note and he should be commended by management for that. The front desk staff was always friendly and helpful!
The housekeeping staff made our rom look like new every morning!
The beach was stunning, the water blue green like the Caribbean!
we saw all kinds of beautiful shells,sea like(Dolphins,sharks,sea urchins)
The room was spacious and functional, the balcony the biggest I have ever seen!
We loved it!

The only thing that made me frown was on the last day as I was packing I saw tiny rust color spots on the side of one of the mattress covers..I pray this has nothing to due with bed bugs..I inspected the mattress on the 1st day and didn't see anything, I am thinking the housekeeper changed the cover and put an old one on...The mattress appeared to be free from any kind off bug. I would suggest throwing out old tattered linen, or getting a new linen service. I was kind of scared and still hope it was just a fluke..

Room Tip: Get the building closest to the ocean! Breathtaking!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

We thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. I will share your glowing feedback about my staff at the next scheduled monthly celebration. Ariel is a new team member to our Vistana family but continues to prove that he fits in well with our caring culture. I have spoken with our Housekeeping Manager concerning the mattress pad. Please be advised that our entire team is trained to inspect every bed on this property at check out. We are confident that your experience is an isolated incident. We welcome you back to the resort and thanks again for posting on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

the room was good, clean. with all appliances, staff really accommodating ,. we had a room by the pool. last room of the building. a pain in the morning as you could hear all the noise. beach super cold and the sand was black, not that matters but here you are not gonna find the blue water that you see in miami beach. it was soooo windy that day, and the ocean was super cold. I only tipped my toe and went back to my umbrella. the pool is small, clean, but really small. i think they have a sign that says maximum capacity 20 persons (really?). there is a barbecue area, (really cool) also they have a ping pong table and other games. I dont think that i'll go back, i think there are better properties in the area for the same price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience here at Vistana’s Beach Club on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to read that the accommodations were clean and my staff was accommodating. In reading, it appears that the weather was inclement during your stay. The ocean during the summer months is always extremely warm. I am glad you were able to enjoy the barbeque picnic area and our covered outdoor activity area. We invite you back to prove that Vistana’s Beach Club is by far the best resort on Hutchinson Island.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed here with my family from 6/2/2012 to 6/9/2012, and it was incredible. The room was clean and comfortable, with ample space for four people, there were plenty of restaurants and other attractions within close proximity, along with shopping venues, and the staff was helpful and always ready to take whatever steps were needed to make sure our stay was as enjoyable as possible. We stayed in room 601, and I clearly remember not having a toaster in the room when weffirst got in. My dad called down to the front desk, and within an hour, one of your housekeeping staff brought one up for us. I'll gladly stay again if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marty R

We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and the local restaurants/attractions in our area. All my team members are committed in providing unique, one of a kind, memorable vacation experiences to last a lifetime. Thanks for posting on Trip Advisor and we sincerely hope to see you back here in the very near future.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a great family hotel. The hotel itself looks more like an apartment on the beach. the building we stayed at was closest to the beach. There is only one elevator. We stayed on the 2nd floor which is good and bad. Good because we can take the stairs down and only need to walk down one flight of stairs instead of waiting on the one elevator. Bad because our view of the beach was obstructed by the plants. So I couldn't watch the kids playing on the beach from the big balcony. But at night, there was a great view of the moon shining down on the ocean. It was just so very peaceful to look out at the horizon and then hear the waves crashing to the beach.

I loved the one gazebo they have that overlooks the beach.

To the interior of the room, there is a full kitchen with a stove, microwave and oven. Its also fully stocked with the necessary pots, plans, utensils, plates, glasses, cups, etc. They have a grill downstairs and the front desk will give you the grilling utensils for those. We cooked up hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill and they came out yummy.

There were 2 bathroom, the master bathroom had a huge tub, no shower. The second bathroom had the shower but it was a smaller bathroom. I would have preferred a shower in each bathroom. Thats one of the reason for the 4 rating.

You can get to the balcony from the master bedroom. The master bedroom had 1 king size bed . I wish the 2nd bedroom would have had an option for another king size bed or 2 full size beds instead of 2 twin beds. The pull out couch, I was told, was comfortable to sleep on.

If you choose the rate that has no housekeeping, that means you have to wash your own towels. They don't provide you with new towels. I was told there is a washing machine on the property and that it was free, you just have to bring your own soap and fabric softener. We had housekeeping in our rate, but someone else in our group did not.

When you check in, they give you beach towels cards. Those are different from the towels in the bathroom. Depending on who you get, you can get a beach towel with a towel card. They take one of your towel cards and give you back a card when you return the towel. In between, you can exchange a wet towel for a newer towel.

Overall, this is a great hotel for families and the budget minded. The staff was always helful and friendly. The kids had a great time going from the pool to the beach. They even had pool toys the kids could use. And on one of the days, the girls were able to buy ice cream from the activity center. We spent a majority of our time in the hotel, except to eat out. My favorite restaurant in the area is Tony Romas which is about 5 - 10 minutes away. This is definitely a hotel I would return to. Great hotel to relax and for the kids to have their fill of the beach and pool.

One more thing, when you're on the beach, they have sand fleas so bring something to protect yourself. Only an issue because I'm allergic to them.

Room Tip: If they let you, choose a room from the 3rd floor up if you want a view of the beach. And bring Off spray or benadryl for bug bites when on the beach.
1  Thank MariaT75062

Wow, what a wealth of information you posted on Trip Advisor! We are as you stated, a great “family resort” and have been for many years. We just recently had the sea grapes trimmed on the beach dune so you can now see the beach and ocean much better. In reference to the bathroom configuration please request the ocean view building during your next visit. This building has two separate bathrooms with two showers. We offer our daily renters the option of “Make a Green Choice”. This is where we do not provide daily housekeeping services to save on chemicals and energy. Each unit in the ocean view building has a washer and dryer in the villas. Thank you for your kind words towards my team members, many of them have been here with me for several years. Thanks again for posting on Trip Advisor and we hope to see you back soon.