“Last minute Dinner...”

Pietro's On The River
Ranked #24 of 105 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Last minute Dinner...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

A friend of mine happened to be staying in Jensen Beach, down the street from this place. I have no idea where to eat in this area (I live in the next county over). I did some research on the internet and found this place. We went there last night for dinner at about 8pm so we didn't get to see the view, but the place was nice, only a few people there. The service was pretty good. I had the onion soup and the ny steak and my friend had the chicken picatta. We both liked our dinners. Mine could have been a little hotter out of the kitchen though, but otherwise it was very good, cooked medium like i asked and it had a nice sauce to go with the steak. For dessert we had the Key lime desert (it wasnt key lime pie per say) it was the only thing we werent crazy about. I would call the prices for the food moderate and certainly a place I'd go back to. The wine was a little pricey by the glass..

• Visited September 2012

Boca Raton, Florida
“Hit & Miss”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Several locals told us to be sure and eat here, so we did. To be fair, I wasn't super hungry, so that may have somewhat affected my experience.
The setting was nice and the staff was super nice. We ordered escargot for an appetizer and it was simply FABULOUS. I've eaten a fair amount of escargot in the past and I'd have to rank Pietro's towards the top. Whenever I eat escargot in the future, I will be comparing it against Pietro's. I also ordered a salad and it was solid. Nothing super special just good, as is indicated by the fact that I cannot recall what type of salad it was, although I know it was not their beet salad. I ordered a veal dish and it was again, a solid good. I thought it was a tad overcooked but again, it was fine. I only at about 1/3 of it as I was already full from the appetizer and salad. My friend had the pork chop, which looked fantastic but she had to send back as it tasted bad. I'm guessing that is a rare occurrence, as the waiter said he loves it. Perhaps just was bad on that night. She ordered the scallops and said they were good. I would return to Pietro's again and give it a 2nd try.

• Visited September 2012
Aventura, Florida
“Perfect in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great service, ambiance and food! Classy!! The owner greets you himself and makes sure it is all perfect. It was the classiest place in the area.

Visited August 2012
Hutchinson Island, Florida
“Italy in Florida! Fantastico!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Fantastic. Great food superbly prepared, fresh ingredients, wonderful setting on the riverfront and excellent (5 star!) service plus good value...we obviously loved this find. The owner is just what any restaurant needs: knowlegeable and determined and strict to provide the best for his guests. Pietro Valentini cares to be sure you have enjoyed a fine dining experience. The Italian wine we selected was properly served and the glasses were also large for a red wine and spotless.My lady's duck was the best as well as the risotto and fresh veggies. My pasta dish, with homemade sausage and asiago cheese with fresh tomato sauce could NOT be beat...and I love to cook Italian. FABULOUS.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank FLORIDAFRANK868
Stuart
“Good but a few glitches.. Too bad!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is the old "Fairways" restaurant location on Hutchinson Island..Yes the sunset was beautiful.. but I was facing the kitchen door! Too bad!
Our waiter was very friendly but he delivered the wrong dish to one of us.. who was nice enough to say that it was OK.. Pietro came to our table and I was expecting that he would serve at least a sample of what had been ordered, or a desert..but no special anything has been done to repair the mistake. Too bad!
My beet salad was way too sweet, and I traded with my husband for his (delicious) onion soup. Too bad!
My sea scallops were perfectly cooked but boring.. nothing particular about them.. Too bad!
This is not a bad meal and this is a very pleasant place. This restaurant has great potential,but a few details need to be ironed out. I would have loved some music in the back ground, may be some flowers, better light, little things that makes a big difference.
A good point: prices are fair. We will try again someday, give it another chance.

• Visited May 2012