“It was great good service and outstanding food” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Original Pancake House
Ranked #28 of 105 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“It was great good service and outstanding food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

There was great service and wonderful food The French toast was the best thing that Ive eaten it was soooooo good so much better than ihop THE BEST

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Great Food and Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

Rarely have I had orange juice this fresh, the best tasting corned beef hash, bacon, egss, biscuts and gravy and coffee. This is a fine establishment with superiour service.

• Visited March 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“A LITTLE DISAPPOINTING”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I took my grandson out for breakfast on President’s Day and we decided to eat at The Original Pancake House. This was our second time eating there and what I remembered from our first visit was that it was more expensive than other breakfast places we eat at. We were pleasantly greeted at the door and seated at a nice table next to the window.

We both ordered their bacon, egg and pancake breakfast which was almost identical to Denny’s Grand Slam, only it cost $8.29; considerably more than the “Slam”. We both ordered crispy bacon and the bacon was well-done, but not crispy. I sent my bacon back asking them to crisp it up, but it still never got crispy. The eggs and hash brown potatoes were perfectly cooked and the pancakes were exceptionally fluffy and good tasting. All together with coffee and two chocolate milks, our check totaled $26.54 ...too expensive for a less that delicious breakfast. I’ve learned my lesson and won’t be returning to The Original Pancake house any time soon. Next time we’ll be eating at Denny’s where the food is always good and more moderately priced.

• Visited February 2012
Lake Mary, Florida
“It was good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

I enjoyed the breakfast very much. I ordered the strawberry cheese blintz and it was delicious. Coffee was only average. Service was excellent. I know this place has had AC problems in the past as in the previous review because one of my friends told me she hasn't been back since they were uncomfortably hot. But it was February and there was no need for AC and everything was great!

• Visited February 2012
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“If You're A Gluten For Punishment Then Give It A Try, But Don't Say I Didn't Warn You!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

Terrible!! Think of every negative word you can imagine about a restaurant and you will just begin to describe this place. I am pretty easy going but this place just kept digging it's own hole and then proceeded to throw the dirt in on itself. This would not even be a place of last resort if there was no place else to go to, now that we have eaten here. I realize we went on Fathers day but we eat out on the Treasure Coast daily including holidays. The place was mass confusion and chaos. That is just describing the staff- extremely disorganized. The A/C was either off or broke but when we asked our server about it she informed us that it just can't keep up when they are busy. When my Dad commented that maybe the management should consider buying a new A/C unit to make their customers comfortable, our server looked at him and responded, "Do you want to order or NOT!" That was our second hint to leave, the first was the A/C. We let each one go, having never eaten there before. Next was the order, you can not order al a carte i.e.: 2 pancakes. Our server told my Mom she had to order the senior pancakes and she would get three that was the smallest amount to order. Why be so rigid towards your customers? The funny thing is when our order came my Mother received 4 large pancakes and the server told her, "Oh well it comes with four not three, sorry." Then she walks away. Most all of our pancakes were raw in the center. You call yourself The Original Pancake House and you serve under cooked pancakes???? The pancakes that were edible had an odd taste to them, I really can not explain it, they just did not taste right let alone taste good. Asking management to become involved was not an option since they were involved in the chaos and not doing any good for the customer. Customers around us were having the same issues so we kind of laughed realizing it wasn't just our table. Our server should not be a server that's all I can say about her. I am shocked that this place has lasted this long but there are probably people like us who have yet to eat there. My best advice is STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS, your money will be better spent else where.

• Visited June 2011