“Old, old Florida”
Review of Driftwood Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jensen Beach
Driftwood Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jensen Beach
East Troy, Wisconsin
“Old, old Florida”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We were supposed to be in a different room but a mistake was made and it was given to someone else. The owner was very apologetic and gave us a discount. I'm guessing it was because the room they gave us was very clean but VERY old. The cabinetry and kitchen were so old that it was comical. I'm hoping that the room we were supposed to get was a nice remodeled one, be sure to ask. The location is pretty good being right across the street from the bay. We saw a sting ray and dolphins right from the pier. They are pet friendly which was good for us.
If you are a light sleeper this is not your hotel. A freight train passes by the back of the hotel multiple times during the night.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
driftwoodjb, Owner at Driftwood Motel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
I apologize for not meeting all of your expectations. Unfortunately, the room we had reserved for you had a stay-over that we could not get to move to another room. It is the peak of the season and we had open was the one we offered you. Most of our rooms are fishing-camp style rooms, meaning everything is spotlessly clean but the appliances and furnishings are original. We have so many guests that come just for the simplicity or our property, our dock and the excellent location right on the Indian River.

I would like to offer you a discount and an upgrade on a future visit. We have a few rooms that are done in a modern beach style that you may prefer, but please consider visiting us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
lake worth, fl
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have stayed at the Driftwood Motel many times and each time I always find myself wishing that I never had to leave. I have stayed in just about all of the cottages......and each one is different and charming. The location is fantastic and very close to some very cool and tropical restaurants and shops. The view is OUTSTANDING and has that "Old Florida Charm" that you will not find anywhere else. I am a native of South Florida and I find it fascinating that I can get in my car and drive 50 minutes north and be able to go back in time....It is wonderful and the beauty of the river is breathtaking.

I have always found the cottages to be clean, crisp and in perfect condition. I will continue to spend long weekends and quick getaways at The Driftwood Motel..........do yourself a big favor and go relax at this motel.....................It is perfect!!!

Betsy MacDowell

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank betsymacd
River Ranch, FL
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Whoever rated the Driftwood Motel as average was out of their mind and is very likely the type of person that relies on others to create their guest experience; rather than realizing they have everything they could ever possibly want at their fingertips, except they are faced with only one simple challenge (which this person was incapable of), and that is simply to take advantage of the world around them. The Driftwood Motel is not only the finest one-of-a-kind genuinely "Old Florida" riverside motel on the face-of-the-planet, it is an erupting volcano of authenticity... complete with everything anyone could ever possibly want to relax, rejuvenate, and restore yourself into a state of total tranquility. Complete with an owner, who wears her heart of her sleeve and has plainly made a higher priority of protecting the environment around the Driftwood, higher than the priority she has on her business. She should be commended and applauded for her wisdom. If all other hospitality business owners followed her lead, the surrounding area of Jensen Beach and beyond would have the strongest, sustainable, and most desirable economic future of any region in the Caribbean. We should all be investing in businesses that invest in the area around them and I challenge anyone to find a better venue than the Driftwood on the Indian River - try as hard as you might and you want find it, so do yourself a favor in check-in to the Driftwood first. One last thing, for those of you who endeavor to set your alarm and get to the beach for sunrise, sleep in... at the Driftwood you can walk out your door, fresh brewed coffee in hand, and enjoy an unforgettable and transcendent sunrise at the civilized time of 7:15 or thereabouts... those who are high-maintenance or confused about what true quality of experience is all about... go somewhere else.

Room Tip: be honest and forthright about what you want and ye shall receive
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rockcreekanglers
Loxahatchee, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The Driftwood Motel is where my boyfriend and I have spent our weekend get-aways for the last 5 years and I can't imagine going anywhere else!! The price is comparable to the "chain" motels/hotels but the experience is not! Irene and her staff do all they can to make sure your experience is a memorable one, the cabins/rooms are exceptionally clean and the view can not be beat! We watched the sunrise while drinking coffee on the dock and later in the day enjoyed the sunset while enjoying the dolphins playing right in front of us! Beaches, restaurants, and downtown are all close by - the Driftwood Motel is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberly P
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Yes, this is indeed old Florida style, as other reviewers have mentioned. Our cabin, the Honeymoon cottage, was very clean, homey and well appointed. A small sunporch/reading area is just inside the front entry. The furniture is comfortable, and you can tell that thought has been given to the decor. Although we did not use the kitchen, I could see that you could easily prepare all of your meals here. The grounds outside have plenty of outdoor furniture, and the view of the Indian River is superb. There is a small fishing pier going out into the river, where my wife and I spent a delightful evening enjoying the view and the fresh breeze. Several good restaurants are within a short walk from the motel. Irene runs a very good operation here, and knows the hospitality business. She is also very active in waterway cleanup efforts; if this sort of thing is important to you, you can help by supporting her motel business. This is a good place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jivermo46
Leesburg, Florida
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife Deb and I spent the better part of a week at the Driftwood motel, we looked it up on line, and it more than met our expectations, the rooms are large with all the amenities. And CLEAN!!!
The view across the Indian river is one to get lost in, fishing off the dock is very good as well. If you want a Key West flair with an old Florida fish camp charm go see Irene and brandy. and be sure to take your pets,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sam B
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Tropical breezes, a million dollar view and Irene , the owner, assure your stay will be enjoyable and tranquil. All the conveniences of downtown Jensen shopping and restaurants are walking distance. The rooms are spotless thanks to Debbie.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Best Western Downtown Stuart
Jensen Beach Inn Hotel
Jensen Beach Inn Hotel
#1 of 3 in Jensen Beach

Been to Driftwood Motel? Share your experiences!