“Quite a great surprise!”

Peter's Steak House
Ranked #30 of 107 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant has been here for several years and is one of the best steak houses in the area. It must be listed for review.
Wells, Maine
“Quite a great surprise!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We are glad that we decided to make our own experience here and it was excellent! Peter the owner could not have been any more professional nor nicer. The wait staff including n/c valet parking were also pleasant and made us feel very welcome. The house salad was as good as any anywhere and better than most. The porterhouse for 2 was done just as requested and was superb. Table service was top notch the baked potato was right for two and oh yes the Strudel was out of this world. While not inexpensive absolutely worth the trip and will now be one of our regular dining stops!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank swimp00l

Jensen Beach, Florida
“Way Overpriced for Just Mediocre Food”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A German style restaurant...maybe? First we ordered the bratwurst for appetizer...it was served with a squeeze bottle of Grey Poupon mustard....instead, how about a serving of German mustard in a nice side dish? And the bratwurst was ordinary...have had better from Publix. The Ribeye was somewhat chewy and nearly tasteless. I have bought and cooked better at home. The "highly recommended" German Potatoes were less than impressive...in fact they were pretty bad. Either the potatoes were old, or they were just bad...and as for being crispy due to being "baked in a 700 degree oven"....well, the oven must have been off because they were about as uncrispy as could be. We ordered the asparagus with the hollandaise sauce but we never got it...after tasting the Ribeye and German Potatoes, we just figured we were better off without the Asparagus. So we checked our bill to make sure we were not charged for it...and we weren't, it had been completely forgotten by the waiter. The portions are not as large as the price reflects....in other words they are WAY OVERPRICED for the quality and quantity. Our bill was over $140 and we left extremely disappointed. We would and have gladly paid this amount and more at other restaurants for quality food and left with a great dining experience. We will never go back to Peter's Steakhouse and certainly not recommend it.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank grayceey
Pennsylvania
“Wonderful food and service!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had a wonderful meal and impeccable service. The interior, though not that of a fancy steakhouse, is quaint, cozy, and comfortable. I am 5' 3" and did not require pillows on which to sit as stated in a previous review.

The waitstaff was attentive and very accommodating (we had a few special requests). The filet and crab cake were outstanding as were the French fries and onion rings.

We will return to Peter's next time we are in Jensen Beach!

• Visited May 2013
Miami, Florida
“Good Steak House , and excellent service !!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Good location , easy parking, cosy place, good service, really good steak !! ribeye, the owner sent a nice strudel for birthday

Visited April 2013
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Good, but not great and certainly overpriced.”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I so hate to give this place a mediocre review because the owner and the waiter was so kind and the food was okay, but honestly, it simply is not a five-star dining experience and the offerings are overpriced. For the two of us to dine, it was over $150.( and we are more than willing to shell out hundreds in NYC and Boston restaurants, provided my meals are extraordinary.)

The waiter was fantastic. He patiently checked with the kitchen to discuss items on the menu to determine what I could eat safely. (I have Celiac Disease and I need to avoid gluten as it is dangerous for me to consume it)

We settled on the asparagus with hollandaise, German potatoes and the dry aged Rib eye which we were advised, would feed the both of us. One side of the steak was tender and the other, rather chewy. Extremely disappointing, given the price of $80.

The potatoes are just home fries. Nothing special there, I'm afraid. ( I am part German and I have no knowledge of these diced fried potatoes as being particularly "German".)
The hollandaise was thin and somewhat tasteless.
The Gran Marnier creme brulee--just too overpowering. Classic creme brulee does not really need any more flavors if it is done correctly.
The a la carte potatoes and veggies--overpriced.

As with all my reviews, I am just being honest, not mean-spirited--- and this is only my opinion.
Others may find the food more satisfying.

• Visited February 2013