“Wonderful marriage between an ocean view and food.”
Review of Shucker's

Shucker's
Ranked #4 of 109 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The "best on the beach" is located in the Island Beach Resort! The spicy, the sweet, the sublime. The flavor of Jensen Beach comes alive at Shuckers on the Beach. Savor deliciously inventive cuisine that takes the contemporary to the extraordinary. Bold flavors, inspired techniques and the freshest ingredients make every meal a culinary adventure. Enjoy signature seafood, steaks, pasta and salads, all prepared with finesse and flair. See and be seen at the lively bar and lounge, or take in the scene while dining amidst the breeze. For your entertainment, there is live music every Saturday and Sunday from 2:00 pm until 6:00 pm. Happy Hour Specials: Monday thru Friday - Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light draft and bottles are $2.50. House wine & well drinks are $2.50. Sunday drink specials are all day as follows: $3.00 frozen Rum Runners. Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light bottles are $2.50. Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light drafts are $2.50.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We arrived at this ocean property with a very threatening sky billowing dark, gray clouds. I asked if it were "safe" to eat outside and was told they had checked the radar . It would NOT rain! WRONG! It poured. Luckily, I requested a table under the awning even with their assurance there would not be any rain.
People scattered under the protected awning to avoid the rain.
This property is in a resort called "Island Beach Resort". It is NOT impressive on the outside. However, once you walk out on to that deck... all you see is the ocean and beach. Lovely! I imagine even lovelier when it's a gorgeous day.
My friend and I ordered their broiled portabello mushroom ($5.95) as a shared appetizer. It was heavenly with added roasted vegetables, fresh fontina cheese and crumb dressing. There was enough for two to enjoy. We then shared the Asian Chicken Salad with tender breasts of marinated chicken in soy, ginger and garlic with crispy curried noodles. However, I noticed it had no mango and papaya which was supposed to be in the ingredients! The waiter apologized, and brought back a huge extra dish of those papayas and mangos.DELICIOUS! ($9.95)
We enjoyed a lunch and I would want to go back for dinner with my husband.
I do have one thing that was not good. Their one bathroom on that deck had one of their servers in it before I used it. She emerged after obviously smoking a cigarette. The smell was awful. That should not be allowed. I wreaked from the smoke.
If you go and the weather looks threatening ask for a table UNDER THAT AWNING!

1  Thank eslmavin

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were completely surprised at how amazing this restaurant was. It was packed at 6:30 and we had great service, good food and live music on a Friday night. We lingered and were not rushed out, but it was interesting to see a second seating of people. We all agreed that we would definitely go back again.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Lunch at Shucker's was absolutely fine. The restaurant is lively and busy but they have the staff and the training to handle it. Our party of eight was quickly accomodated, even without a reservation. I had the grouper-ruben sandwich, which was very tasty. The luncheon portion of ribs was ginormous. One collegue went with a simple burger and he reported it to be very tasty. All in all, a good experience. This is not haute cuisine, but decent resort food and drinks in a clean, professional atmosphere.

1  Thank PilotMike2009
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My family and I attended a mid afternoon Easter Sunday Buffet last week. Shuckers is attached to a beach resort hotel located about one mile north of the Jensen Beach Causeway on Hutchenson Island. The restaurant was packed however the manager and staff handled the situation very well. The food was very fresh, considering it was a buffet. Service was excellent. We opted to sit outside to enjoy the ocean front view. An excellent place to consider for casual or finer dining. Reasonably priced. I will go back for sure.

2  Thank Ronnie44
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We arrived at 5 pm on a Tuesday and the very large outdoor area was packed, many of the customers are out of town visitors enjoying the beach. The setup to get a table on the deck needs some work, after we checked in with the hostess, she radios the person on the outdoor deck that an table for 2 is needed, after confirming that table is available, the customer is sent to the outdoor hostess, we had a 10 minute wait before the hostess made an appearance. Then we where seated right away, and she stated that she will be back with the menus.
After a 5 minutes wait the waitress said "how long have you been seated at the table", our answer was 5 minutes and her answer to us "did you snick in?", then she provided one menu, another 5 minutes later the hostess comes back with some more menus.
They probably where overwhelmed with the crowd, it was a beautiful Florida afternoon and the outdoor atmosphere was just wonderful, our waitress introduced herself as Debbie, her name tag mentioned that she was from New Jersey, our beverage order was taken and the drinks arrived within a few minutes not bad at all. We enjoyed our drinks then placed our order, my wife ordered the Grouper Oscar with a side order of rice. The fish was of a nice portion with crab meat on top with a golden sauce with asparagus. My wife said it was very good, the rice
was warm instead of being hot to her preference. My order was for Asian Chicken Salad, my meal was very good, the chicken breast cooked just right and still warm, sweet Asian dressing with tropical fruits mixed with the greens, I was surprised of the large portions of mango cubes in the salad. We both enjoyed our meals, other than the seating problems.
Quite a bit of people where ordering the hamburger and it look very good, that will be my next order on our next visit. Can't beat the atmosphere for a beach front restaurant, it appeared that the seating got better when we left around 7 pm. But the waiting line for outdoor seating was over 1 hour long for a table, the indoor seating was also busy and it is pretty good size also.