“Average...average...average”
Review of Shucker's

Shucker's
Ranked #4 of 109 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The "best on the beach" is located in the Island Beach Resort! The spicy, the sweet, the sublime. The flavor of Jensen Beach comes alive at Shuckers on the Beach. Savor deliciously inventive cuisine that takes the contemporary to the extraordinary. Bold flavors, inspired techniques and the freshest ingredients make every meal a culinary adventure. Enjoy signature seafood, steaks, pasta and salads, all prepared with finesse and flair. See and be seen at the lively bar and lounge, or take in the scene while dining amidst the breeze. For your entertainment, there is live music every Saturday and Sunday from 2:00 pm until 6:00 pm. Happy Hour Specials: Monday thru Friday - Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light draft and bottles are $2.50. House wine & well drinks are $2.50. Sunday drink specials are all day as follows: $3.00 frozen Rum Runners. Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light bottles are $2.50. Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light drafts are $2.50.
Reviewed July 16, 2011

As an island resident, I have gone to Shuckers several times and am still confused by its appeal to folks,
I chalk it up to being the "only game in town", as for the most part it is the only bar/restaurant located on the ocean on south Huchinson Island.
The bartenders here have always been top-notch and vey friendly. In other reviews, everyone raves about the views from the outside bar, which I really don't get. If sitting at a table, you can hear the ocean but you certainly cannot see it, as the view is obscured by the dune in front of the restaurant. If sitting at the outside bar, ones back is to the beach and you can catch a few glimpses through the mirrored windows in fron of you.
The food is very typical bar-type food,,,,,decent but nothing special. There are far better choices within a few minutes drive over the causeway.
The crowd is a combination of tourists, retirees and some tired looking local folk. On weekends they have live entertainment, which is usually fairly good.
What is weird is the owner of the restaurant sits at the outside bar almost every night , drinking with a group bar flies. I have yet to be at anotherr reestaurant that I see that....perhaps that is why everything is so "average".
While it is an attractive place, and certainly convenient on the island (I have no idea why anyone would drive out to the island to go here), there are a number of restuarants just a short drive away with far better food and views!

Reviewed July 4, 2011

First off I have to say that the employees here are so polite and attentive, especially the bartenders. It was really nice to have such good service, as this was the restaurant at the hotel we stayed at for a long weekend.

We had breakfast and a couple of lunches here, as well as takeout once. The food across the board was acceptable but not great in any way. It's a standard bar food menu, with a little more focus on fried seafood than normal due to its proximity to the ocean. Breakfast was actually the best meal i had there, they had great grits!

The drinks here were really fantastic though. Pina coladas, mojitos and the Bacardi drinks were all great!

Reviewed June 26, 2011

We went to Shucker's for lunch twice the week we were in FL. Recommended to us by a friend, it lived up to the recommendation. VERY nice outdoor deck overlooking the ocean, VERY clean, VERY nice wait staff, and beautiful resort and dining rooms inside. We had the Fish Tacos, which were to die for, best I've ever eaten, and Caesar Salad with grilled chicken. Both were right on the money and more, VERY fresh food, good sized portions, and such a pleasant atmosphere and view. Nicest oceanfront restaurant we have found on the Treasure Coast. We will go there every time we come back to FL. Can't wait to go for dinner with a lot of friends. Go here.....

Reviewed May 12, 2011

I've gone to this restaurant at least a dozen times before and have always been pleased, but I must say I was disappointed on my last visit. It was Valentine's Day and because it was a special occasion I decided to go all out and order the steak (normally, I order the Grouper Reuben Sandwich which is excellent!). I found the steak to be grizzly, tough, and of very poor quality. Honestly, I could buy a better steak at Publix any day of the week, but despite the steak, I still recommend this restaurant, but mostly for the location, atmosphere, and Grouper Reuben sandwich!

Reviewed May 10, 2011

This place exceeded my expectations!!! My husband and I were hungry and just wanted to find a place to eat, not looking for anything inparticular. We just so happen to stumble upon this place. Its right on the beach, the water was beautiful! We walked on the beach while waiting for our food, expecting it to be a little while. When we returned to our table, outside, our food was waiting for us. :) and it was amazing! We outside because of the view, however I was really impressed in the inside, it looked very nice and very clean! really impressed and totally reccomend this place!!