“Excellent place, average food.”

Conchy Joe's Seafood
Ranked #6 of 109 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

If you are looking for a casual, waterfront meal in a characteristically real Florida place, this is it. Very relaxed and casual but still serving on real plates (not a basket with plastic ware). Right on the water too. Wait staff was very attentive and patient as we asked him to take several pictures. Patient with my elderly parent who had no problems accessing the place and our table with his walker. Now the food. Had conch fritters for appetizer and they were pretty good but big so don't order many. I had grilled grouper. Just a piece of cooked fish, no seasoning or embellishment. Just bland and over cooked (but fresh tasting). Could have been better. I had plantains and cuban rice&beans as sides and they were wonderful. Highlights of the meal.

Nickd772, General Manager at Conchy Joe's Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our restaurant and that the service was very good but I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the seasoning of the grilled Grouper. We season each piece of grilled fish with salt and pepper before putting it on the grill and then top it off with a bit of herb butter. If you are looking for more flavor, I would like to recommend trying our style of Jerked, Blackened or my personal favorite Sweet Potato Encrusted Grouper. I'm confident one of these cooking methods will be sure to set your palate off!
Thank you and we hope you will join us again soon. Please call with any questions you may have and ask for Nick at 772-334-1131.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed July 11, 2014

During the week and out of season you can get a nice table overlooking the Indian River, on this Wednesday night they had all the Crab Legs you can eat that comes with 2 sides. The crabs just kept on coming with additional melted butter. Excellent workout meal.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

8 pm Thursday night dinner was a treat at Conchy Joe's Seafood. Located just about 1/2 block from the causeway, the live band, all you care to eat snow crab legs, great plantains, and very attentive staff made this evening's meal one worth remembering. Sitting out on the "outdoor " seating which consisted of a solid wooden floor, tarp roof, roll up-down clear vinyl windows and a simply breath-taking view of a lighted causeway to Hutchinson Island, we viewed about 100 hungry catfish swarming the area under the lighted base of the restaurant.
The bread basket came with a variety of white meal cornbread, chewy rolls, banana bread and butter. Cole slaw was ok, plantains were good, coconut shrimp good (per the wife), and of course I took my time and got my $27-$28 worth on the all you care to eat snow crab legs. I give them this...when you want another order of crab legs, the wait staff was there BEFORE I had to ask for them, AND they didn't drag their feet getting them to the table. Over all, the four of us had a great time with the live music, great food, good wait staff and of course...the view was the dessert for all of us.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Earlier this week we had the sweet potato crusted grouper and it was delicious, as was the perfectly sautéed fresh spinach. The waitress was very helpful with recommendations and service was quite good.

We love the local feel and location on the water, but continue to feel that the place needs a thorough cleaning. Although the food was excellent, it was pricey for the condition of the place.

Will we go back? Probably.

2  Thank Rita S
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great seafood restaurant located just north of downtown Jensen Beach. Plenty of parking, nice place to see live music (which can be loud if you choose to sit outdoors), and a lovely view of the water and Causeway out to Jensen Beach. The crunchy grouper sandwich (though pricey) is melt-in-your-mouth good, as are the conch fritters and sesame-crusted rare tuna topped salads. Even the bread basket served before dinner was delicious. Dinners are not cheap (but are comparable to any other fresh seafood restaurant) and that would be the only reason I wouldn't return on a regular basis. But perfect for seafood cravings and special occasions/vacation memories.

1  Thank KaraLaw