“Good steak dinner!”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #35 of 107 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have gone a couple of times and the steak was great, no gristle, tender, flavorful. The service was good. Popular place on weekends, sometimes too popular with some delays. Would return.

1  Thank Landreo
There are newer reviews for LongHorn Steakhouse

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Okay, it's a chain, but this was our first trip to this one. We were two couples for lunch. From the moment we walked in, there was not one misstep. The young male host, slim, blondish, with short hair, was outgoing and interested in our seating preference. Our server, Nicole, was perfect. She was friendly, had a "no problem" attitude, but was not overboard. Again, she was perfect. We literally waited less than a minute between appetizer, salad, and entre. I don't know how they pulled this off. The food was good. We tried the Wild West Shrimp appetizer. All four of us ate it and we got a go box. Excellent value. We were all happy with our steaks and they were each cooked to order. (Hint, I tend to salt things. Taste it first as it was well seasoned. ) The comments about a smell make me wonder if we were in the same place as it was clean and bright. The ladies' room was clean. We four compliment the management. You don't have things that well-orchestrated without consistent training and oversight. All four of us just moved here from Ft. Lauderdale and agree this one is worth a repeat. To cap off our positive experience, as we were getting in the car, the young host....wish I could remember his name, came literally running out shouting "Sir!" In his hand was my husband's wallet. Every single person we encountered was friendly, polite, and well trained. The place was clean. The atmosphere was pleasant. The food was really good. The portion size suited us. We recommend.

1  Thank Debbie-in-Florida
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Joined my family for lunch before a movie.. Waited 10 min for my soda to come out.. Wasn't sure what I wanted so told our server Shane put my family's dinner in and I will decide.. Never followed up with me, so I ordered nothing.. Had to ask for the soup and salad for my companions... Food came out and was completely wrong order, never said anything and just took dishes away.. No apologies and then returns 10 min later with correct meals.. Asked for a refill as he was running by. No acknowledgement wasn't sure he heard me but 5 min later there is the refill..I work in the industry so I know terrible service and SHANE was the worst..needless to say we won't be returning at all to this place and if you were nice and accommodating he would have earned more than a $1.50 tip.. and believe me we are generous tippers.. Maybe Shane should take a break from being a waiter.. Lost 3 more customers

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Yup, this is the place to go if you want to wait forever for your meal! You can do what we did and sit at the bar, order your meal and end up waiting abut 45 minutes for the food, (not really sure because we left and never actually got our food). My wife just had to go back in and tell them their service was terrible. 3 female bartenders bumping into each other behind the bar with only one register. What management technique is that? put too many people behind the bar and give them less resources to work with. Stupid management - really stupid. So, needless to say - we're not going back and we will spread the word. As residents of Jensen Beach I'm sure our review will help other couples avoid this place and a crappy evening. Just go to Flannigans and get a steak with some good bartenders/waiters and waitresses. You will get it served as ordered, hot and timely in a friendly environment.

1  Thank RobertB560
Reviewed February 6, 2013

First off let me say that the cut of the steak was great - tender, lean, and cooked perfectly. My waiter, Eric was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu and helped me make the perfect choice.

However, I almost didn't get that far. When I walked into the restaurant it had the stench of dirty, moldy, old carpeting. The only thing that kept me from walking out was the gentleman leaving who said his meal was great. Since I was craving a steak I was hoping to be able to get over the smell.

The steak that came was cooked perfectly, and was lean, tender and juicy. However, some sort of "secret rub" was added that had the smell of Uncle Billy's armpit which did nothing good to this choice piece of meat. The rest of the meal was nice, but the dining room still had the faint smell of mold so it was difficult to enjoy it fully.

If they tear out the carpeting and put in another type of flooring by all means go and have a fabulous diner - just make sure to ask them to keep the rub off. If they haven't cleaned up yet, bring a clothes pin for your nose.

1  Thank Alex W