“Wonderful food”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
DeLand, Florida
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I got take out for dinner. The fish tacos were the best we had while on vacation. We also had an awesome spinach salad. While we waited for our order, we chatted with the server. She was very friendly and helpful with the menu.

• Visited August 2013

ontario
“Respose to the two star review of June 2013 by Larry W”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I had decided a while ago not to write a review of Caps. Why? because it was and continues to be one of those hidden gems you occasion upon every once in a while and l did not want to have it ruined by tourists.
I have been coming to Jensen Beach for about 5 years and have finally purchased a condo in nearby Stuart.
Every time l go to Caps, it is for the best fish taco l have ever had! With an excellent selection of Hot Sauces to season to taste. Forgive me but l may have misunderstood....you put Ketchup on fish tacos???
l will usually ask for a Guiness and it always came in a FROSTED glass out of the freezer..just perfect!
The fries are good though not up to the standards of the Taco..but then the fries are a side to the Tacos.
Oh and the heat inside? That is most likely a result of the pizza ovens cooking a fantastic pie!
Sit outside next time, acclimate to the heat..that is why you come to Florida.
I hope l won't regret this.

• Visited April 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Okay for a quick burger, no ambiance, good for takeout”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is just an average place that sometimes has pretty good food. I've eaten there (relatively small place) and also just gotten take out to bring back to the condo. It is certainly better than fast food by far, but doesn't compare to many of the areas better restaurants, in my opinion. But, it has sort of its own "niche market" of people who frequent it and it doesn't try to pass itself off as some great dining experience either. So, I say average, for the disparity in the quality of the food I've gotten there, but there is a strong convenience factor when living on the island and needing some decent take out food. Many people like to have a beer there.

Visited May 2013
Fair Play, South Carolina
“Rather disappointed.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I am normally forgiving especially when there is just one faux pas. But there were several at this place. First I chose to sit inside due to heat, but temp was at least as hot inside with less breeze? As you might imagine, the beer was cool at best and certainly not cold as the sign on the wall said. Got the fish tacos and they were good as were the French fries that came with the tacos. The ketchup had that 'gamey' flavor that comes only when leaving bottle on table in heat and not put back in fridge. Waitress was pleasant but only returned to table when called after food was served. Price was okay for the meal, but the rest dtetracted so much that I will not return.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Larry W
Michigan
“Good Pizza”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went to Cap's Island Grille one evening. My husband enjoyed the fish tacos, and I liked the pizza. It's small, but the person waiting was super friendly and handled the bar and all the tables on his own. Will definitely go back and recommend this spot if you are looking for a good evening meal.

• Visited May 2013