“Great vacation!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jensen Beach
albany, ny
“Great vacation!”
Reviewed April 20, 2009

My wife and I - with 2 teenage sons stayed at the Courtyard during Spring Break this year. We had a great time! Really nice, clean, quiet (maybe too quiet for the boys sometimes!) great beach too. I would recommend getting a room with a balcony facing the ocean, like we did. Tom at the front desk and Marty on the beach were exceptional!
We would return for sure!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank johnmo58

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Wakefield, RI
Reviewed April 15, 2009

First, I am a major Marriott traveler, close to 1,000 lifetime nights. Nice hotel, getting a bit older but still nice. Bathrooms were very small as was my room. Outstanding ocean views, balconies are right on top of each other so your neighbor can actually somewhat see into your room or hop over the 3 feet rail- which should be considered by the security-conscious. As a business traveler, I might pass on this puppy because it is more suited for the leisure traveler. The desks are old and the chairs are too small for them. Television quality was not that good but that could have been in just my room. The internet service is quite quick. Small pool. Decent Tiki Bar. Right on the ocean and you can walk for miles it seems. Several good restaurants but you need to go via car (many are 10 minutes, some longer). Two are waterside restaurants where you can get a nice fresh fish sandwich, steamed shrimp and clams, etc. One Italian restaurant directly across the street. The hotel otherwise is somewhat isolated, surrounded by private homes and other resort complexes. The hotel is right on AIA so this provides for some good sidewalk walking/running. The hotel restaurant serves a decent breakfast, however the buffet is somewhat limited, seemingly due to space. Very attentive and friendly waitperson.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank edtoby007
BOSTON
Reviewed April 9, 2009

What a great location right on the beach...the tiki bar by the pool was fun great drinks....everyone was very nice our room 803 was neat and clean paid xtra for balcony worth every penny beautiful sunsets on the river side...always stay at Marriotts never disappointed! Debby from Boston

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank WATERFRONT75
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 2, 2009

Newly renovated, right on the beach, great tiki bar with good burgers and cocktails, nice pool area, rooms nice with microwave and fridge. All the normal good stuff that the new Courtyards are famous for; conveniently located electrical outlets, easy internet connections, comfortable chairs & desks, nice view of the inter coastal waterway, efficient & friendly staff, wonderful breakfast buffet with eggs to order!

If you have to travel this area for business you can't beat it. I liked it so much I'm taking my honey back in May for my birthday!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank ohletsgo
St Louis, MO
Reviewed March 27, 2009

My friend and I stayed for a few days in mid-March, and were very happy with the room and staff. We got a "king with ocean view" and I thought the room rate was very reasonable, considering the rates of other hotels in the area that had the same amenities. We were right on the beach, had a balcony and a great view. You can request early check in, and we were able to get in our room at 10:30 am and enjoyed extra time on the beach. The beach was clean, as was the hotel.

Our room was large, as was the bathroom (the sink is in the same room as the shower/toilet). There was a fridge and micro in our room, the towels were large and plush and the bed very comfy. There were extra towels to use on the beach and a computer for guest use on the first floor. There is a restaurant on the premesis (no free breakfast!) and the hotel is near other eateries and a few minutes from the town of Jensen Beach.

We were very pleased with the Marriott!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank baseballover
Indianapolis
Reviewed March 3, 2009

Stayed three nights post cruise. Staff was anxious to help make the stay outstanding and it was. The room was outstanding with a balcony on the beach/ocean side. It appears the rooms on the other side likely have a nice view of the inter coastal.
We will very likely return.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Indy18
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 15, 2009

We stayed last night for Valentine's Day. We arrived for early check-in but had to wait anyway. No big deal. We went to the tiki bar and got a pina colada and margarita...$16.00! So that was our last drink. I know they said they were overbooked so I don't know whose reservation got booted out of the system. I am not sure how that works. I guess they hope for "no shows."
Anyway, the site is lovely. Parking is free. The staff was very friendly and tried to do anything possible for you. The hot tub was great. Nice, hot, and well chlorinated! It had a waterfall feature that you could stand under. I didn't get in the pool but it was heated. Of course, we are floridians and the ocean was way too cold to go swimming. The beach was clean. As usual, you will pay for beach chair rentals unless you bring your own. The water looked nice for Florida. The room was nice. We opted for a balcony that had chairs. Yes, it is more expensive because all the rooms do not have a balcony. We didn't sleep well because the bed was as hard as a rock. Though, we are spoiled to our bed here at home and rarely find a mattress we like as much elsewhere. I could also hear the people in the adjoining room for most of the night so I turned on the clock radio for white noise. I was a bit disappointed because the room only had a shower for 2 but no tub. The hot tub did make up for it. Overall, I would stay here again but I might have to bring my sleeping pills!

• Liked — Right on the beach
  • Disliked — The hard as a rock mattress and poor soundproofing (I think the door to the adjoining room was the problem)
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
#12 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina

Been to Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach? Share your experiences!