Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jensen Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here several times in recent years. Right on the beach, beautiful views, friendly service and very clean! Don't forget to stop in and say hello to April , at Lattitudes Tiki Bar. They have a small menu, the burgers and wings are good. They have a small Starbucks, with limited menu. You can relax by the pool ir rent a cabana on the beach. very reasonably priced for ocean front hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mphillips828

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Third time staying at this ocean front hotel. There is a very friendly and helpful staff. Room was clean but if they ever remodel, they should consider larger bathroom or add a vanity area. Nice on site bistro for breakfast. Price a little high when I reserved, but dropped on our way to the hotel by $50 per night. Front desk was able to adjust rate for our second night. Next year I will pay closer attention to the on line rates.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Docswife12013
boca raton florida
Reviewed November 20, 2013

In my opinion this hotel is very plain. The stafff probably mostly college students with the exception of the manager was very pleasant and helpful and friendly, The elements in the rooms could be improved. The bath towels were very small and uncomfortable to use...I am 5'10, 185lbs so I would say that the towels were for children or tiny persons. There were no shower caps in the shower. The quality of the soap was poor and had an unappealing smell.. Although there was a microwave in the room there was not any kind of plate or silverwares even mediocre quality. The hotel in myopinion should be visited during the summer season when the days are longer.. There are only three restaurants in the area the farthest of the three was 8 miles by my speedometer from the hotel called the Prawnbroker. The real problem is that the roads to the bridges are one lane in each direction and the roads are very poorly illuminated due to environmental issues with the turtles.. We felt extremely limited in our choices for dining. I would say that there is zero night life in the area after dark. Choose your season carefully, It looks pretty dead to
my wife and i iduring this visit Nov. 14-Nov. 18

Room Tip: Choose only an ocean view or oceanfront or risk looking at the parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank klewis7945
Indianapolis
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have mixed feelings about our stay due to the fact we had been assigned a room with insect infestation!

We booked with wedding group for extended family. Check-in and staff were wonderful! We spent half day at beach on 3 days of our 5 day stay and rest of the time outside the hotel with family or eating out. Tiki bar staff and beach chair gentleman also excellent. Property is fabulous and proximity to beach great! Lots of great restaurants and shopping nearby. Great hair salon across the street!

On day two I began getting welts on my legs and arms. I began covering myself thinking this was from the beach sand. The condition became increasingly worse and I reported it to the front desk.

I finally asked to be moved to another room on 4th day and we found ants nested in the mattresses of our room! I had no indication of bugs on the bed but had noticed a couple on wall of bathroom earlier in the week.

The hotel GM called for room inspection and pest control company supposedly found ants only in the room.

We travel a lot and I NEVER have had an experience like this with the bugs. Hopefully an isolated incidence.

The second room we stayed in just before the departure was an ocean front room on 4th floor and was much nicer and cleaner than the interior room on 7th floor we had first occupied.
The ocean view was breathtaking on 4th floor. I would recommend this hotel with caution about the pest control issue.

Room Tip: I would select an ocean view on 8th floor with balcony. A family member had beautiful view from he...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jami N
Gainesville, Virginia
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was our first visit to Hutchinson Island. The hotel was clean and efficient and the staff friendly and helpful. The ocean view was absolutely beautiful. While not technically part of the hotel staff, the beach chair concession operator, "Cage", helped make our stay even more memorable. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kellnersville, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I recently had to travel to Hutchinson Island for business, and stay for two weeks working long night shifts. The service of this hotel was great. During the day the room was very quiet so I could sleep, and every morning after work I arrived back at my room to find it clean and refreshed. While I did not have an ocean view, I did have a spectacular view to the west, overlooking the Indian river from the 8th floor. They have a small Tiki bar poolside, which served very good chicken sandwiches. burgers and wings. I stayed here once before in 2010, and was not disappointed then, and surely was not this time. Great rates, great service, a real pleasure to stay here!

Room Tip: East side rooms overlook the ocean, west side rooms give a great view of the Indian river and the ca...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Robert W
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I just had the best stay at this property. The rooms are beautiful, wonderful ocean views. The pool and hot tub are awesome and the beach is right there. A short drive to great restaurants. This was our first time here and we will be back soon with our family! A great place to get away AND a great place to take the family!! Highly recommend Jan's Place for breakfast!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn & Suites Stuart-North
Royal Inn Beach Hutchinson Island
Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina
Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites

Been to Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach? Share your experiences!