We stayed at the Courtyard the first weekend of April for a surprise bridal shower. When we arrived at the hotel, we were very pleased that it was literally on the beach.
The staff was very friendly and willing to help out. Once we got to the room (we were in room 600), we were a little disappointed. We didn't have a balcony room (we thought with the price we paid there would be a balcony) but we were happy we were a corner room which limited noise. We had a beautiful view of the beach. Too bad the windows weren't screened in because we would have left the windows open. The room had a nice set up, fridge, microwave, flat screen tv (it was HD ready but wasn't set up for HD - husband upset about that). The bathroom was very nice. Some people complained that there was no space to put anything - we had a shelf that held both of our stuff so maybe things have changed since that last review. The bed was far most the worst. It was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. In all, it was a very clean hotel.
Another disappointment was lack of restaurant. They were just open during the morning hours for a breakfast buffet. There was a Tiki Bar with a very limited menu. We did not eat there - we ended up going a few miles down the road (I'll get to that later). They did a great job with the shower. The staff was very nice, willing to help and did whatever they could to help the girls out. The food prepared was amazing. Too bad they only cooked for meetings and special events.
Just a word of advice, if you are going to stay there, you have to pay $20 for beach chairs on the shore. I think for the price you are paying for this hotel, they could comp you some chairs. I was so mad I just laid by the pool. So if you can, bring your own chairs.
Also, if you do need to eat (which we all do), there is a Cumberland Farms across the street to get simple stuff (like water/soda/munchies). Dinnerwise, I recommend going to Mulligan's. OMG. The food was great. Our waitress Rachelle was such a sweetie and so honest about everything. We also went to Conchy Joe's - the food was alright but it was a nice atmosphere. And across the street from the hotel is Catherine's Ice Cream. Pretty good stuff.
In closing, it was an alright stay. If I wasn't there for my friend's shower, I would have been more disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in a sunshine filled Florida travel experience with an island escape to the Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach where manicured, well-appointed hotel rooms and sparkling Atlantic Ocean panoramas set the stage for a rejuvenating stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach Hotel
- Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside
- Courtyard Jensen Beach
- Jensen Beach Marriott
- Jensen Beach Courtyard